VOX/Frogfoot

NeoNarchy

Got Fibre activate Friday 14th August, to say the least I was chuffed "upgrading" from ADSL to Fibre.
Started seeing weird issues when I started playing COD, packet loss high ping in local lobbies and the occasional disconnect.
Spent the weekend trying to figure out the Mikrotik port forwarding after getting access to the router but the issue persisted, I then heard from friends also on VOX experiencing the same issue. Multiple ping and trace route tests sent to support the issue is still persisting, What am I to do 5 days into having Fibre, do I cancel and pay the install fee and find another ISP? Is there anything in the CPA that might be in my favor? Is the issue with VOX or with Frogfoot?

Conack

Expert Member
Frogfoot. (Vox DEFINITELY isn't blameless, their engineers alternate between being helpful and giving you the finger - ultimately ended up with the finger from them even though other techs admitted there's clearly a problem)

See how much issues we've had over the months:

Packetloss has mostly been resolved the last couple of months - but international downloads are still randomly pathetic.

-
Let me know how long it takes until Vox reads you this BS line:
"Sorry sir, we don't guarantee international speeds" - in response to almost anything you say - including "But I'm seeing major packetloss between my ONT and Vox".

Conack

Expert Member
Sidenote - George Frogfoot was offline for 2hrs odd, just came back on.

NeoNarchy

Sidenote - George Frogfoot was offline for 2hrs odd, just came back on.
No Mosselbay, we went live 3 August so still fresh roll-outs, my ping almost doubled after George went down.
Been testing some routes etc and I and a friend in CPT are seeing packet loss when pinging VOX gateway 41.193.120.208, how is it possible to get get latency issues when pinging the "source"?
My issues seems to be starting even before i am reaching my destination.

Attachments

Conack

Expert Member
Packetloss at present:

1597924853580.png

Saw them working on the link in Caledon road.

The bad news is, last time they had an issue it took them months to do load balancing between the links after tunneling everyone through one pipe.
@Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Hi there, unfortunately we had an outage in George earlier, which has been resolved. If you are still experiencing issues with your connectivity, please log a ticket with your ISP so that we can investigate if needed.

Conack

Expert Member
Many thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately packetloss is still relentless:
1597936178342.png

33 Minutes ago this update came through from Vox - Problems definitely not resolved, confirmed the same packetloss with other users in the area.

Dear customer we are experiencing network difficulties in the area.
Our technicians are working on a resolution.

Disruption ParticularsDetails
PriorityP3
TypeUpdate
ServicesFTTH Services - Frogfoot, FTTB Link Service - Frogfoot
Impact DescriptionCustomers may experience problems with increased packet loss and latency.
Update DescriptionFrogfoot engineers are still attending.
ProvinceWestern Cape
RegionsGeorge

Stalker

I'm really concerned, I've signed a pre-order with VOX as Frogfoot are currently rolling out fibre in Swellendam and after reading about these problems on Frogfoot I think I should just stay on ADSL