Vumatel online map problem causes fibre delay

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Vumatel online map problem causes fibre delay

A MyBroadband reader recently contacted us regarding delays to their fibre installation.

The reader signed up for a Vumatel fibre package from Afrihost on 22 July, and contacted MyBroadband in September stating that their fibre had still not been installed.

spiff

Expert Member
had the similar issue in our suburb.

when residents tried to sign up - page got rerouted back to show interest page:rolleyes:

Happy Days

Could all of these issues be related to Vumatel growing too quickly? Or is it related to the CVH purchase?

Swa

Honorary Master
And this is why people will rather go for LTE and 5G.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Their feasibility API, re-seller coverage portal and consumer portal are all out of sync in terms of coverage..

It's high time telcos implement the what3words addressing system

jannier

Expert Member
I already reported this miss matched map issue to them back in November 2017 when I signed up for Fibre with them. When I selected my Cape Town address from the map, the final data I had to input showed me as in Johannesburg.
I had to phone them and they had to do a by hand order.

Kaine

Expert Member
odd. I signed up with afrihost, via vumatel around 21 august. in a complex too nogal. that I wasnt even living in yet. Vumatels sub-contractors showed up early, installed, and all is fantastic.

love who the media LOVES to blow up minor things. not. people seem to forget there is no such thing as perfection