Vumatel Price change

Tech_Mech

Mind The Speed is cheap, but they have an installation fee of R1725 and activation fee of R875. This negates the R100 savings compared to others.

Are there any other providers that allows payments via EasyPay or Pay@?

Cell C fibre does, but they have not released new prices, and when I called to cancel, they offering me 15% off (could have done this a year ago).

rh1

Expert Member
Mind The Speed is cheap, but they have an installation fee of R1725 and activation fee of R875. This negates the R100 savings compared to others.

Are there any other providers that allows payments via EasyPay or Pay@?

Cell C fibre does, but they have not released new prices, and when I called to cancel, they offering me 15% off (could have done this a year ago).
If you have fibre already with Vumatel, you dont pay the installation fee.

netstrider

Expert Member
Paying the installation fee doesn't bother me. My neighbours went with Telkom and Supersonic respectively because there's no installation fee. I forked the R1725 for the installation fee to go with CISP.

Athos

Anyone heard anything from Cybersmart? last I heard they were still "in negotiations" with Vumatel.

netstrider

Expert Member
Vanilla has an odd way of breaking down their pricing.

They also seem to have done away with the 1Gbps/200Mbps entirely.

1624974999146.png

akescpt

Honorary Master

e50edc011188b946c779bfb0080d12b2.jpg

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Received call back from Vox/Vumatel & follow up email attached.
I am presently on a 20/20.
He tells me that there is no charge to downgrade presently. It could change on 1st July. If I downgrade I will go down to a 20/10 at price indicated R699. View attachment 1095387

So someone's support person is lying, which one we don't know but I've seen 3 people say support told them prices are changing and the prices they said are the above prices.

ColGatvol

So someone's support person is lying, which one we don't know but I've seen 3 people say support told them prices are changing and the prices they said are the above prices.
I mentioned this a week or 2 ago in this thread, the inside info I got from Vox specifically mentioned that the reduced prices are "NEW SELLING" prices and that the existing customers' bills will NOT be changed / reduced. Either way lets wait and see, but I don't see them reducing it. LIke I also mentioned, this has happened to me before where I saw them advertise reduced prices and when I contacted them they told me it was only for new customers.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I mentioned this a week or 2 ago in this thread, the inside info I got from Vox specifically mentioned that the reduced prices are "NEW SELLING" prices and that the existing customers' bills will NOT be changed / reduced. Either way lets wait and see, but I don't see them reducing it. LIke I also mentioned, this has happened to me before where I saw them advertise reduced prices and when I contacted them they told me it was only for new customers.
They're going to lose many customers if that's the case.

P3wP3w

Webafrica has decided not to reduce the price but adjust the speed of the 100Mbps/5Mbps to 100Mbps/45Mbps. Likely the same has happened for the other speed options.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Webafrica has decided not to reduce the price but adjust the speed of the 100Mbps/5Mbps to 100Mbps/45Mbps. Likely the same has happened for the other speed options.
That doesn't sound like a Vumatel line speed.

P3wP3w

Strange yes, but that is the option on my Vumatel line. Maybe the email was sent in error.

webafrica_upload.PNG