Vumatel Price change

CxJx2011

Almost signed up with them but SO glad I didn't

Last edited:

akescpt

Honorary Master
So someone's support person is lying, which one we don't know but I've seen 3 people say support told them prices are changing and the prices they said are the above prices.

I haven’t received anything official with regards to price reductions for existing customers.

BamboozledAttorney

Webafrica has decided not to reduce the price but adjust the speed of the 100Mbps/5Mbps to 100Mbps/45Mbps. Likely the same has happened for the other speed options.

You mind providing the source for this?

I haven't received an email, but I'm on a 20/20 line. Safest bet they'll upgrade me to 50/50 at no extra cost, but then I might as well move over to Afrihost or Axxess in August.

charlieharper

Expert Member
That doesn't sound like a Vumatel line speed.

WebAfrica always screws around with line speed though.

Look at their Openserve packages for example, instead of 25/25, 50/25, 100/50, 200/100 like everyone else, WebAfrica do 25/10, 50/10, 100/20, 200/40.

Lupus

Honorary Master
WebAfrica always screws around with line speed though.

Look at their Openserve packages for example, instead of 25/25, 50/25, 100/50, 200/100 like everyone else, WebAfrica do 25/10, 50/10, 100/20, 200/40.
Weird, thought that was only the FNOs

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Already got my upgrade from 100/10. :love:

11656580607.png

charlieharper

Expert Member
Weird, thought that was only the FNOs

Yeah I have no idea how WebAfrica's business model works.. I always thought ISP's pay FNO's a fixed price for a specific line and its profile speed and then ISP's basically "resell" the line bundled with providing the link to data centres that the ISP manage to give you data etc.

Don't know if there's some sort of saving for the ISP to choke your upload speed.

blaine666

No price cuts for you. They might as well made it 200 up. 180 is arbitary.

Exactly, I am not too fussed for now as this is my backup line, I have another 1gbps line as my main line with Cool Ideas and that one will also get upgraded, the upload already shows 500mbps, but this WebAfrica have no shame in what they do.

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

CrypticZA

Expert Member

Already upgrade ty Cool Ideas and Vumatel!

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/indu...-cool-ideas-cheaper-fibre-and-free-setup.html

"Cool Ideas has announced its new winter specials, which are available from 1 July 2021.

New Cool Ideas fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) customers will have two cost-saving options when having fibre installed in their homes :

• Free setup worth R2,700 – If you cancel before 12 months, you will be liable for a pro-rata amount of the setup fee, calculated on the amount of time you have left of the 12 months.
  • Once-off setup fee of R999 – A simplified once-off cost covering connection and installation fees; which allows you to terminate your service when needed."
Also pretty handy information i saw in the week for anyone interested.

Reactions: rh1

blaine666

What the hell? That is my package. I was notified nothing. Guess I will have to do a Speedtest tomorrow morning.

I suspect line upgrades have started already just based on various speed tests and all ISP's are going to have lots of line and billing queries tomorrow.

BamboozledAttorney

I suspect line upgrades have started already just based on various speed tests and all ISP's are going to have lots of line and billing queries tomorrow.

Why are they so hipster with their download/upload packages?

You should see their OpenServe packages and compare it with other ISPs.

They are ludicrous.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Yuu