Vumatel Price change

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
So I assume that due to Afrihost looking for approval of the Cool Ideas buyout, Cool Ideas will also follow?

The merger filing does not have an influence on the Vumatel prices and speed changes.

The notice from Vumatel only came in the end of this work week.

Afrihost and Cool Ideas will function as separate entities. Our ops teams are still reviewing the changes and once they are made we will notify clients and load the new prices on the website.

DYreX146

The merger filing does not have an influence on the Vumatel prices and speed changes.

Afrihost and Cool Ideas will function as separate entities. Our ops teams are still reviewing the changes and once they are made we will notify clients and load the new prices on the website.
Does this mean that Afrihost and CISP will have the same package pricing across all FNOs?

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Does this mean that Afrihost and CISP will have the same package pricing across all FNOs?
Shouldn't Axxess and Afrihost pricing is different + they have on several occasions mentioned CISP will be operating independently so we would assume we would stay on our top tier network

lkswan747

Expert Member

Thanks, I guess it is a wait and see what happens in July?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

No. CISP will run their own promos and structure their own pricing as it is currently. If anything the 2 companies can lean on each other to make better deals which will ultimately benefit clients.

Afrihost always have the mindset if we can save clients tons of money and still run a successful business that is what the goal is. We have always tried to pass saving onto clients and will continue to do so.

ngoni615

And a comment from Vox about what they going to do.
    • Hello. i recently saw an announcement that VUmatel has lowered the prices for its fibre packages and many other ISPs have started offering reduced fibre pricing to reflect the new packages. when is VOX going to do the same? I have been in touch with several ISPS such as COolideas, MTS, Afrihost and they are already adjusting their fibre offerings to reflect the new changes
  • Warren Johnston
    • 11:03:20 a.m.
      We have not received any official communication from Vumatel as yet, let me find out for you quickly
      I had a look now and the pricing with all ISPs are still the same. There has not been any implementation as yet from other ISPs. I know that Vumatel has been tasked to review their pricing however, there is no official communication received as yet unfortunately

this is the conversation with me and one of their reps smh.

akescpt

Honorary Master
    • Hello. i recently saw an announcement that VUmatel has lowered the prices for its fibre packages and many other ISPs have started offering reduced fibre pricing to reflect the new packages. when is VOX going to do the same? I have been in touch with several ISPS such as COolideas, MTS, Afrihost and they are already adjusting their fibre offerings to reflect the new changes
  • Warren Johnston
    • 11:03:20 a.m.
      We have not received any official communication from Vumatel as yet, let me find out for you quickly
      I had a look now and the pricing with all ISPs are still the same. There has not been any implementation as yet from other ISPs. I know that Vumatel has been tasked to review their pricing however, there is no official communication received as yet unfortunately

this is the conversation with me and one of their reps smh.

That’s rather disappointing. So how has the other ISP’s been informed and not them?

ngoni615

• Warren Johnston
    • 11:13:28 a.m.
      We will definitely communicate directly to all our Vumatel subscriber base if there will be a decrease in current pricing. the above mentioned link and confirmation is for customers that signed up directly through MTS on Vumatel Fibre
  • ngoni -
    • 11:14:19 a.m.
      can you check the link i sent?
    • 11:14:31 a.m.
      all the other providers seem to have been informed except VOX
    • 11:14:39 a.m.
      is it a VOX specific thing?

• i did have a look at the link that you have sent yes. it only speaks to MTS customers. Web Africa, Cool Ideas, Afrihost etc. are all still on their existing pricing and packages and have not implemented any price changes as yet.
    • ngoni -
      • 11:15:52 a.m.
        if you scroll to the next page
      • 11:16:08 a.m.
        Every other iSPs there mentioned they are on the process of implementing the changing

• additional dialogue with VOX

rh1

Expert Member

My take:

Think of naughty children, mom/dad Cool Ideas/Afrihost is stealing my clients, tell them to increase their prices

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
  • Warren Johnston
    • 11:13:28 a.m.
      We will definitely communicate directly to all our Vumatel subscriber base if there will be a decrease in current pricing. the above mentioned link and confirmation is for customers that signed up directly through MTS on Vumatel Fibre
  • ngoni -
    • 11:14:19 a.m.
      can you check the link i sent?
    • 11:14:31 a.m.
      all the other providers seem to have been informed except VOX
    • 11:14:39 a.m.
      is it a VOX specific thing?

• i did have a look at the link that you have sent yes. it only speaks to MTS customers. Web Africa, Cool Ideas, Afrihost etc. are all still on their existing pricing and packages and have not implemented any price changes as yet.
    • ngoni -
      • 11:15:52 a.m.
        if you scroll to the next page
      • 11:16:08 a.m.
        Every other iSPs there mentioned they are on the process of implementing the changing

• additional dialogue with VOX
Relax dude ... seriously

Dimpie (COMPUTEK)

Executive Member
for what? just asking to get clarification ....

Not all ISP's got the memo yet and Vuma has made zero public announcement yet. You'll get the news when your ISP gets the news and they run their next newsletter to all clients. ...so sit back and relax. :p

powermzii

Expert Member
for what? just asking to get clarification ....
If Vuma only let ISPs know end of last week there is a very good chance front line reps won't know until their own Ops dept has done calcs and issued formal comms, so that customers are not given conflicting information

ngoni615

If Vuma only let ISPs know end of last week there is a very good chance front line reps won't know until their own Ops dept has done calcs and issued formal comms, so that customers are not given conflicting information
The thing is other ISPs already know about it bro lol