Vumatel / SADV merger progress - enquiry

onslauth

I understand that Vumatel and SADV have merged, and the new entity that the SADV fibre networks fall under is called Vuma Villages.

As I understand it, SADV had a number of ECN/S licenses for areas that Vumatel did not, and that they are currently in the process of changing those over to Vumatel. I would like to know if anyone has an update on the progress of this change over, as it is currently causing problems in my area, as Vuma Villages has taken over the areas fibre network, but cannot advertise it because of the licensing issue.

Because of this, no ISP lists the area as currently having fibre, even through I currently have an active fibre account. I would like to actually upgrade my account, but my ISP does a simple check to see if there is coverage, and then tells me there is not. Even though they can see my active account on their system.

Any further information would be appreciated.

Jaseyyxx

I understand that Vumatel and SADV have merged, and the new entity that the SADV fibre networks fall under is called Vuma Villages.

As I understand it, SADV had a number of ECN/S licenses for areas that Vumatel did not, and that they are currently in the process of changing those over to Vumatel. I would like to know if anyone has an update on the progress of this change over, as it is currently causing problems in my area, as Vuma Villages has taken over the areas fibre network, but cannot advertise it because of the licensing issue.

Because of this, no ISP lists the area as currently having fibre, even through I currently have an active fibre account. I would like to actually upgrade my account, but my ISP does a simple check to see if there is coverage, and then tells me there is not. Even though they can see my active account on their system.

@pinball wizard can you advise this gentleman

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

The bit I bolded is 100% correct.

As to when that will be resolved is like asking how long a piece of string is. It is in process, but ICASA is involved and look like in no hurry.

PM me the relevant address and customer details as well as the ISP you are using and I'll see what can be done.