VW Microbus 2.5

ColonelJAck

My wife and I each have family sedans.
I've decided to purchase a 3rd vehicle - 1994 Microbus, merely for weekend getaways/beach trips, etc.
The guy I'm buying it from doesn't have the owner manual.
I've done some net searching hoping to find a downloadable version, but with no success.
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a manual for the 1994 2.5 Microbus ?

I've also tried to find out performance specs, but without any success.

Any advice or assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Can tell you from personal experience - you are setting a big target on yourself to get robbed or hijacked.

grim

Expert Member
If there's no owner's manual make dead sure all the numbers match up to the registration documents.

A "lost" owner's manual is a possible sign that the vehicle might be either a code 3 or stolen

ponder

Honorary Master
If there's no owner's manual make dead sure all the numbers match up to the registration documents.

A "lost" owner's manual is a possible sign that the vehicle might be either a code 3 or stolen

What does the owners manual have to do with registration documents?

Someone here is confusing the "Registration Certificate/Log Book" with an owners manual which is a instruction manual on how to operate and maintain the vehicle.

Captain Beer

Executive Member
[video=youtube;w3_mRLKXsKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3_mRLKXsKA&list=UU5zNBtbQJiHQlauvmO5bzHg&index=20[/video]

A 2.5, 5 cylinder Volksie Bus.

grim

Expert Member
What does the owners manual have to do with registration documents?

Someone here is confusing the "Registration Certificate/Log Book" with an owners manual which is a instruction manual on how to operate and maintain the vehicle.

No, the VIN and engine numbers are normally recorded in the owners manual or in the log book if it's separate but it's still normally kept with the owners manual in a folder in the car.

Dom1n8tr1x

Expert Member
Why don't you try the local scrap yards, I'm sure you'll manage to find one there.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
All 5-cyl VW vans use Audi engines, I think the 2.5i had 100kw. They are not bad cars at all, but to me that is where they started to become less VW and more wanna-bee Audi. My first cars was a '89 2.1i Microbus with a genuine VW flat-4, like a real VW should have.

Enjoy your van ;)