VW Polo Service costs

Stillie

Expert Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2009
Messages
3,221
Reaction score
310
Location
Cape Town
Hi all,

Im due for the 60 000 service. I got a quote for VW Hatefield in Bryanston and the quote for a 60 000 is R3800? Is that a fair price? Or should i shop around at other servicing centers or would it be a waste and all VW Centers be the same?
 
Its the going rate at a dealership
you could look at the bosch service centres or other RMI approved places you might save a few bucks but I doubt it will be that much saving.

I take it they will replace
oil
oil filter
plugs
air filter
Fuel Filter?
reset service interval
 
Its the going rate at a dealership
you could look at the bosch service centres or other RMI approved places you might save a few bucks but I doubt it will be that much saving.

I take it they will replace
oil
oil filter
plugs
air filter
Fuel Filter?
reset service interval
i think i will call around to see if i can find an RMI approved place.... im just worried about the warranty
 
Hi all,

Im due for the 60 000 service. I got a quote for VW Hatefield in Bryanston and the quote for a 60 000 is R3800? Is that a fair price? Or should i shop around at other servicing centers or would it be a waste and all VW Centers be the same?

Doesn't sound too outrageous for a dealership.
 
2017 Polo TSi 1.2 Trendline

The car should still be in warranty, I am not sure if you have a service or maintenance plan on the car, but going anywhere other than a VW dealership will most likely invalidate your warranty. Phone a few dealerships as you never know when one might be having specials or have lower hourly rates. It is a very standard service but VW dealerships hourly rates are quite steep compared to independent garages.
 
Hi all,

Im due for the 60 000 service. I got a quote for VW Hatefield in Bryanston and the quote for a 60 000 is R3800? Is that a fair price? Or should i shop around at other servicing centers or would it be a waste and all VW Centers be the same?

Try Strijdom Park.
Got a quote for R2600 for 120k service on 2015 1.2 TSi Highline.
 
Different branches of VW have different prices, so for instance oil can cost more at one place than another. But if you go to the most popular branches you will pay slightly per hour for the same work.
 
VW has a "Get-go" service for Polo's. I'm taking mine there. Only about R1400 for the service. Excludes things like brake pads
 
I paid 2600 for mine. I see this VW is having a special for their car services. Maybe you can ask your closest branch to beat this price. FB_IMG_1560834047967.jpeg
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X