VW Velociti Speakers

jens_uffhaus

Hey Everyone

I'm looking at installing some nice sound in my citi and would like some advice.

Been reading that 6x9's are not the way to go, and I do agree since I really don't like the idea of replacing the backboard and advertising that there is sound in the car.

Does anyone have any info about installing speakers in the rear doors? Is it even possible?

Also, can I use a 4 channel amp to run 4 speakers PLUS a sub bridged across all channels?

Shot for any reply.

Jens

Bluray

Call this number: 0823657190, speak to San. He's a master in car audio and will give you info on what you need.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
You drive a Shyt-e-golf and you're young....

You don't need to advertise that you have sound in the vehicle... its a given that you do.

stevenv

Expert Member
Been reading that 6x9's are not the way to go, and I do agree since I really don't like the idea of replacing the backboard and advertising that there is sound in the car.

Only if you install them above the backboard. If you're willing to replace the backboard, can mount the speakers underneath without the grills

Also, can I use a 4 channel amp to run 4 speakers PLUS a sub bridged across all channels?

Not to my knowledge (and experience). Depending on the per-channel output of the amp and rating of the speakers, you should be able to bridge 2 channels to run the subwoofer and then use the other 2 to independently drive the 4 speakers.

F

Fudzy

You'll get much better sound from the speakers being in the backboard rather than the doors. As mentioned you do get backboards which hide the speakers and the cost and schlepp involved with getting holes/space cut to accommodate speakers in the doors is a a lot more than putting them in the parcel shelf.

laser69

The best option if you don't want a backboard is keep the rear factory speakers, they sound fine for mid range and get yourself a sub for the lower frequency's. Unfortunately a Citi is not the best sound stage so don't expect miracles in sound quality.

bakkies

hi jens_uffhaus you get speakers that fits in the rear speaker holdings jbl makes them give soundmatch a call. i dont know how much they charge but ask them for the serial number of the speakers

DukeofHouse

Rather replace the speakers in the front doors and add a sub. 4 channel amp would be perfect for that setup.
Remember though you'll need to get the low profile speakers or the windows won't go all the way down. Infinity (and JBL I think) have them.

Have fun.

[Quattro]

Banned
A Citi golfs doors will not produce any decent sound.
I suggest you go the 6x9 route or build a housing for the doors.

Besides, its not worth the rattles.