[W] Breville Barista Express

RedViking

Nord of the South
Item wanted: Breville Barista Express OR Cafe Venezia

Is packaging essential?: Original box not must. But safely packed for shipping.

Desired age and condition: Second Hand. 3 years?
Good condition. Including all accessories.

Willing to accept a shipped item: Yes

Edit: I am just going to buy new.

Last edited:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Please go check your cupboards and also check with your partner if you don't have a Breville Cafe Venezia or Barista Express lying around.

A3@MBB

Good luck finding a barista express.
These units don't die and makes a good cuppa - hence nobody selling.

Do yourself a favour and buy one new. use the @home discount coupons and easy payment terms when you use the store card.

Heck - These units did get expensive over time! double the price vs in 2015

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I checked my cupboards
All I have is an old Kenwood Chef
Sorry
Image result for vintage kenwood chef

RedViking

Nord of the South
Good luck finding a barista express.
These units don't die and makes a good cuppa - hence nobody selling.

Do yourself a favour and buy one new. use the @home discount coupons and easy payment terms when you use the store card.

Heck - These units did get expensive over time! double the price vs in 2015

I see the Cafe Venezia and the Touch is currently on a bit of discount. But not the express.

1613116945102.png

ziyaad.jak

Item wanted: Breville Barista Express OR Cafe Venezia

Is packaging essential?: Original box not must. But safely packed for shipping.

Desired age and condition: Second Hand. 3 years?
Good condition. Including all accessories.

Willing to accept a shipped item: Yes

Also been looking for this machine. I see there are a couple second-hand ones on Gumtree/OLX around the R5k-R6k mark - perhaps check as you might find one in your area. I've been struggling to find a second hand model in Cape Town. I told myself that if I don't find one by the end of next month, I'll just bite the bullet and buy it new for R10k.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Also been looking for this machine. I see there are a couple second-hand ones on Gumtree/OLX around the R5k-R6k mark - perhaps check as you might find one in your area. I've been struggling to find a second hand model in Cape Town. I told myself that if I don't find one by the end of next month, I'll just bite the bullet and buy it new for R10k.
Yeah they all in Joburg. Also saw them. I don't want to take that risk. Have been looking in Durban, but nothing I feel comfortable with.

I decided I am just going to buy new. If it was the Breville Cafe Venezia which doesn't cost much, I don't mind the risk. But decided I am just going to go for the express now.

They usually go for 8K on sale during the year. But I don't want to wait. Have already spent too much money buying coffee this week that tasted crap. And those are on commercial machines. The peanuts have no idea how to use the stuff.

richjdavies

Expert Member
Yeah they all in Joburg. Also saw them. I don't want to take that risk. Have been looking in Durban, but nothing I feel comfortable with.

I decided I am just going to buy new. If it was the Breville Cafe Venezia which doesn't cost much, I don't mind the risk. But decided I am just going to go for the express now.
Following... :)

chickenbeef

Executive Member
The only time it goes on special at @ home is on Black Friday.

I know because I missed out in 2019 and had to wait till BF 2020 to get it at the "special" price. I also looked for a second hand unit but they all just looked miff lol.

RedViking

Nord of the South
The only time it goes on special at @home is on Black Friday.

I know because I missed out in 2019 and had to wait till BF 2020 to get it at the "special" price.
I saw it on special over April last year or before.

They currently have the Breville Touch and the Cafe Venezia on 15% sale. BUT

The Cafe venezia has also gone up in price just after lockdown. Previously it was R4000 normal price.