We started mining cryptocurrency again

crypto curious

Okay, finally got a supplier for the stuff I need to get an 8 card mining rig going.

Just a question regarding using HiveOS. There is a small drop in performance compared to a windows machine, so is it worthwhile going that way? Or keep it simple, windows 10 with nicehash?
what price did you manage to get on the 5700 xt.
did you source them from sa or china?

I managed to source some from China but would like to compare prices

L-Dog

Expert Member
Also can't find cards at a decent price

gadgetgeekco have but think it might be a scam

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
what price did you manage to get on the 5700 xt.
did you source them from sa or china?

I managed to source some from China but would like to compare prices
All I was able to get was 8 X RX 580s.
Sourced from Hong Kong
Abot R60 000 for the rig.

Yourself?

L-Dog

Expert Member
gadgetgeekco is a scam website.

Thanks they just replied to my mail. I asked if I can pay and pick up form there office, lets see what they say. Saw someone on carb said he got scammed out of R 20k

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
hope other guys purchase was legit sooo many scams out there
Theres a guy in my town that has bought multiple rigs off these people, they have a fairly good rep of delivering. Theyre also highly rated on Alibaba and have been supplying rigs since at least 2017.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
I am getting them for R 14 900 per unit.

the freight costs will be used 700 for 29 units
Well, you paying double/tripple for cards and looks like you got yours at just under double the price. Thats a good price in this market.

When making my payment I realized how much better blockchain is compared to SWIFT. We had to pay over R1000 for the transaction in forex fees. I dont think Ill complain about a bitcoin charge for sending money in a while after this. Also, takes a couple of days to get across to HK when BTC would be 10 minutes.

The price I got mine in at includes the rig, mobo, ram, ssd disk and CPU.

Import duties are going to be painful as well on both our orders :/ apprently the amount you can be taxed fluctuates. Anything from 17.5% to 25%.

Let me know if your cards come through. That wasnt a terrible price you got.

acidrain

Executive Member
what is the hash rate on them?

my number is +264 81 716 1600

don't you wanna drop me a WhatsApp please.

I
Edit: Whattomine.com can be used. Actual is about 12% less than their reported if going against my 1060.

So the 580 is around 27-28Mh

spit

A major issue we we have affecting this in Africa is the latency and lag to mining pools overseas. Lag reduces mining profitably. Use https://minerstat.com/mining-calculator to check current profitability from each pool and then check latency. I switch between HiveOn, Poolin and Binance for the best profits.
Hi, what's your latency like? I mainly use Binance and get a latency of between 170 and 200ms when share is accepted.

What's your setup for the RTX 3070 to be getting 61.61Mh/s as I'm only getting around 60.5Mh/s using MSI Afterburner?

Thanks in advance.

Sensorei

Executive Member
Hi, what's your latency like? I mainly use Binance and get a latency of between 170 and 200ms when share is accepted.

What's your setup for the RTX 3070 to be getting 61.61Mh/s as I'm only getting around 60.5Mh/s using MSI Afterburner?

Thanks in advance.
I get about 190-200ms when using port 3333 on Binance Pool. That's the fastest server for me.

I use HiveOS for mining. On HiveOn pool I get 180-200ms so around the same but it's much more stable than Binance for me.

The payout is slightly better on Binance but I get more rejected and invalid shares so I have to switch to slightly slower overclock settings.

For my 3070's I use -600Mhz on core clock and 2525Mhz on memory clock and that is stable at 61.6Mh/s. At 2550 the one card will give the odd invalid share every day or 2. I got lucky on the silicone lottery there. On Binance I drop that to 2500Mhz and get 61.5Mh/s

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Finally got my rig, and its up and running
2021-05-07 20_43_15-D001 ethash_ 211.5MH_s - 00dave farm.png

I had no choice in the gfx cards, this was all I could find on the market. Everything is sold out or selling more than double its RSP.

L-Dog

Expert Member
View attachment 1064699

I had no choice in the gfx cards, this was all I could find on the market. Everything is sold out or selling more than double its RSP.

What miner you running ? Currently with nano miner but would like to test a few alternatives

Sensorei

Executive Member
View attachment 1064699

Nice. That should pull in R10K a month if ETH keeps doing what it's doing. Not bad for a machine doing all the work for you.

Keep in mind that as ETH shoots up we learn less ETH even though USD earnings per week don't change much.

With ETH's value doubling in 3 months my daily returns in USD are up maybe 10-15%, but that also means miners are earning 40-45% less ETH compared to a 3 months ago. So a big market crash could really hurt.

hj007

Expert Member
Nice. That should pull in R10K a month if ETH keeps doing what it's doing. Not bad for a machine doing all the work for you.

Keep in mind that as ETH shoots up we learn less ETH even though USD earnings per week don't change much.

With ETH's value doubling in 3 months my daily returns in USD are up maybe 10-15%, but that also means miners are earning 40-45% less ETH compared to a 3 months ago. So a big market crash could really hurt.
So how long would payback be if prices stayed flat?

Sensorei

Executive Member
So how long would payback be if prices stayed flat?
5 months minimum with current gfx card prices if ETH value stays around $3900. If you're paying normal retail price for cards then longer. I paid my rig off in under 3 months because the ETH I was holding doubled in value. I sold my first few ETH last night.