niftyshorts
Well-Known Member
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2008
- Messages
- 173
- Reaction score
- 3
I'm back up!
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Yeah its back guys.
We're reviewing exactly what happened now.
Thanks again for your patience.
Service cancelled. I'll spare everyone the details but lets just say I won't be buying WA cap in future.
welcome to the club. I'm in my notice period...
Service cancelled. I'll spare everyone the details but lets just say I won't be buying WA cap in future.
Yeah I hung on for a specific reason though: I knew ADSL upgrades would come & figured since its not linked to speed its would work out well with that. Bit of a moot point though if their 10mbps product can't max my 2mbps line with some consistency. Even during witching hour its usually 75%ish.Welcome. I've been waiting.
Why the heck is WA throttling an FTP transfer at 01H15 on a Sunday morning to 350Kb/s?
![]()
Switching back to Axxess, I almost get 3x the speed.
Update: It must definitely be throttling, because when a new transfer is started, it goes full speed for the first few seconds, and then you can see it being throttled back to around 350Kb/s.
Update #2: Oddly enough, they don't seem to be throttling Torrents. You would usually expect it to be the other way around.
Speedtest Results:
Webafrica: Test conducted on Mon Nov 26 2012 12:07:46 GMT+0200 (SAST)
Download Speed: 1832 kbps (229 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 518 kbps (64.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 78 ms
Test conducted on Mon Nov 26 2012 12:13:14 GMT+0200 (SAST)
Download Speed: 1484 kbps (185.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 523 kbps (65.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 81 ms
Openweb:
Test conducted on Mon Nov 26 2012 12:09:29 GMT+0200 (SAST)
Download Speed: 5180 kbps (647.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 533 kbps (66.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 32 ms
Test conducted on Mon Nov 26 2012 12:10:36 GMT+0200 (SAST)
Download Speed: 5122 kbps (640.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 532 kbps (66.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 35 ms
Edit: These are both capped accounts![]()
Please PM me your customer code and I will get our guys to investigate.
I've been having problems with my WA account the whole morning. I have been doing some basic browsing and web pages are taking forever to load ... I couldn't even load mybroadband at one stage.
I submitted a ticket ... but no reply yet.
I also have a capped account. Any chance someone could look at it?
I've submitted endless tickets and had this escalated numerous times. Nothing ever gets done...
Hence the request for your account details. We want to get something done here for you.