Web Africa ADSL general feedback

This can't be right can it?

R3000 extra pm?

Screenshot%20at%202012-12-12%2013%3A32%3A03.png

Hi DrJohnZoidberg

That price does not seem correct. I will get our Website devs to have a look. Can you please PM me your customer code and I will escalate.

Also is this screenshot from your customer zone?
 
Since when is WA on 7 day payment terms? Just got an SMS threatening me with having the account locked & its not even month end yet. Anyway final payment sent...good riddance.
 
Webafrica is what I like to call a con-artist ISP. They promise service, and coverup the lack of it with amazing customer service, but in the end you dont get what you pay for.

That is unless you get their "Business" equivalent and then you are paying more for what you can get for less elsewhere.

Even worse than this when you complain they temporarily raise your prioritization levels, and soon after you give them the thumbs up for good service they drop it again.

Finally, what really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, is that when you cancel the service due to poor performance they expect you to pay for another calendar month? Thats like having the milk man delivering to you sour produce that you cant drink, but no you still have to pay for more?!
 
And its not just that you have to pay for another month of bad service, they actually reduce your prioritization even further!!

If you are thinking of choosing webafrica I will personally spend the time explaining why you shouldn't, because I have until the end of frickin january while I cant play my games, skype or watch youtube uninterrupted!
 
Getting horrible lag spikes and slow browsing now and then tonight.
 
Hey Guys,

Are there any international issues at the moment?

Last few hours been having lots of packet loss to international servers.

Here are smokeping stats for international from our Webafrica business capped:

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-19%2019%3A51%3A07.png


Here is local:

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-19%2019%3A51%3A46.png



And here is international from my house (IS account):

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-19%2019%3A51%3A24.png


Can anybody else check ping stats to bbc.co.uk and traceroute?

Here is traceroute:

Code:
traceroute to bbc.co.uk (212.58.241.131), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
 1  10.0.0.3 (10.0.0.3)  0.686 ms  1.004 ms  1.309 ms
 2  wtvw-ip-bb-1.ipnet.wa.co.za (41.185.97.1)  9.941 ms  12.301 ms  14.732 ms
 3  wnls-ipc1-vl-105.wa.co.za (196.220.59.250)  20.912 ms  24.818 ms  26.779 ms
 4  wnls-cr1-vl-801.wa.co.za (41.185.0.67)  28.292 ms  31.679 ms  33.628 ms
 5  41-66-150-41-29.wc-ro-dce-1-to-web001-cpe.africainx.net (41.66.150.41)  40.829 ms  41.265 ms  41.394 ms
 6  core_gb-ld-gs-mec-1_to_gb-ld-gs-msc-1_ainx_p2p__1g_gb (41.84.12.141)  229.782 ms core_gb-ld-gs-mec-1_to_gb-ld-gs-msc-1_ainx_p2p__1g_gb (41.84.12.145)  161.484 ms  211.258 ms
 7  195.50.122.217 (195.50.122.217)  207.755 ms  211.691 ms  188.130 ms
 8  bbc-technol.edge4.london1.level3.net (212.113.14.222)  190.755 ms  218.551 ms  218.063 ms
 9  * * *
10  ae1.er01.thdow.bbc.co.uk (132.185.254.18)  205.517 ms  277.193 ms  210.586 ms
11  132.185.255.92 (132.185.255.92)  217.521 ms  217.525 ms  162.927 ms
12  212.58.241.131 (212.58.241.131)  184.462 ms  213.929 ms  192.252 ms
 
You shouldn't post that, WA will have your posts deleted when you question them about it.

Talking about WA, they're pretty quiet around the forums. Maybe I'm too used to the quick feedback and excellent support from OpenWeb and Afrihost on these forums.
 
Hey Guys,

Are there any international issues at the moment?

Last few hours been having lots of packet loss to international servers.

Here are smokeping stats for international from our Webafrica business capped:

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-19%2019%3A51%3A07.png


Here is local:

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-19%2019%3A51%3A46.png



And here is international from my house (IS account):

Screenshot%20from%202012-12-19%2019%3A51%3A24.png


Can anybody else check ping stats to bbc.co.uk and traceroute?

Here is traceroute:

Code:
traceroute to bbc.co.uk (212.58.241.131), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
 1  10.0.0.3 (10.0.0.3)  0.686 ms  1.004 ms  1.309 ms
 2  wtvw-ip-bb-1.ipnet.wa.co.za (41.185.97.1)  9.941 ms  12.301 ms  14.732 ms
 3  wnls-ipc1-vl-105.wa.co.za (196.220.59.250)  20.912 ms  24.818 ms  26.779 ms
 4  wnls-cr1-vl-801.wa.co.za (41.185.0.67)  28.292 ms  31.679 ms  33.628 ms
 5  41-66-150-41-29.wc-ro-dce-1-to-web001-cpe.africainx.net (41.66.150.41)  40.829 ms  41.265 ms  41.394 ms
 6  core_gb-ld-gs-mec-1_to_gb-ld-gs-msc-1_ainx_p2p__1g_gb (41.84.12.141)  229.782 ms core_gb-ld-gs-mec-1_to_gb-ld-gs-msc-1_ainx_p2p__1g_gb (41.84.12.145)  161.484 ms  211.258 ms
 7  195.50.122.217 (195.50.122.217)  207.755 ms  211.691 ms  188.130 ms
 8  bbc-technol.edge4.london1.level3.net (212.113.14.222)  190.755 ms  218.551 ms  218.063 ms
 9  * * *
10  ae1.er01.thdow.bbc.co.uk (132.185.254.18)  205.517 ms  277.193 ms  210.586 ms
11  132.185.255.92 (132.185.255.92)  217.521 ms  217.525 ms  162.927 ms
12  212.58.241.131 (212.58.241.131)  184.462 ms  213.929 ms  192.252 ms

Morning

Sorry for the late reply here.
Have you brought any of this up with our ADSL team as yet? Please drop me a PM with any ticket ref#'s you've logged so I can have this escalated on my end for you.
 
I am starting to get really irritated now. Getting frequent disconnects while playing BF3 and my internet has dropped a number of times today. DSL light still on but ISP dropped.
 
Telephonic support

Am on hold for support and have been for over 5 minutes :(

Before you used to have a message saying your are third in line etc and now I am being forced to listen to "spam" messages. I do not want helpful tips, be a gigafan, looking for a few more gigs etc etc.

After 6 1/2 minutes I hear a message "Goodbye" and am cut off. Dial in again and start with helpful tips etc.

This is terrible on many levels. I just want some support and at least with the old system I did not have to listen to "helpful tips" etc and had a rough idea if I would be on hold for ages

This is also not the first time I have been cut off holding for support - should have been sorted by now.

Another 6 1/2 minute wait and same goodbye message :(

Update: 22:20 I get a call from support - kudos to them for that as they saw my post and called. Sadly they have a new system (IVR) in place and it seems not to be working properly yet
 
Last edited:
Hi, Fulton17
I believe Mujeeb helped you resolve the original issue. As regards the telephones/IVR, our system vendor is currently reviewing the issue.
 
Hi, Fulton17
I believe Mujeeb helped you resolve the original issue. As regards the telephones/IVR, our system vendor is currently reviewing the issue.

Thanks for the feedback Brendan.

Yep Mujeeb did call me back and I was very happy with his feedback and help.

Hopefully this new system will have bugs ironed out soon
 
Capped account; 8 meg line; MyBB special

This morning I am downloading some files via the news server. One file is 7 gigs and a few megs are DL, then it stops (3 days old file). After a while I test a 200 meg file and this DL's at full speed. At about 09:00 I switch to my MWeb account and the large file starts DL at full speed.

My take on this is that WA has "blocked" my large file DL as it is during office hours even though I am on a capped account and should be able to use my cap as and when I see fit. I think this is really a poor show on WA behalf and would appreciate hearing from them as to why this file was simply dead with them and yet have a no hassle DL with MWeb. Maybe I am missing something
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X