Web Africa ADSL general feedback

Pretty happy with my WA IS account so far - 4MB uncapped, was a fan back in the day before they did the uncapped thing on their own network.

Only used 32GB since the 4th, my account status is in the green according to their throttle-o-meter so that's a good sign i guess.

Pings great, speeds great - no issues other than the recent Gmail slow downs
 
Hi

Been thinking about signing up for a 10MB/s uncapped account. My line speed is 6MB/s though max.

Whats the general feedback like, and also how do the thresholds kick in?

Thanks

what is the max dl b4 trottle on the 2mbps package?

We no longer run on rolling windows or thresholds with the migration to our new network. We will be running on our new star rating system but we can assure our customers that you will be able to download much more than you use to on our current IPC.

We have provided more info around this at links below:

http://support.webafrica.co.za/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/760/130/

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/502618-Web-Africa%E2%80%99s-big-ADSL-move?p=9763370&viewfull=1#post9763370
 
I'm thinking of getting a 10mbps business uncapped account from WebAfrica as soon as my new line is installed. Anyone with any experience?
 
I'm thinking of getting a 10mbps business uncapped account from WebAfrica as soon as my new line is installed. Anyone with any experience?

Bumpity! No one with this account then?
 
I'm thinking of getting a 10mbps business uncapped account from WebAfrica as soon as my new line is installed. Anyone with any experience?

Hi Efitol,

Since no one has provided feedback on the 10mbs Business Uncapped package I can provide you with a trial 5gb account which will be on the same bandwidth profile as the Business Uncapped account.

I will just need below details which you can send to me via PM:

Name:
Email address:
Telkom Landline number:
ID number:
Cell Number:
 
It's a bit hard to compare at this stage, as we've recently upgraded our network (yesterday)
If you drop me a PM I can possibly arrange for a trial account?

Hi Efitol,

Since no one has provided feedback on the 10mbs Business Uncapped package I can provide you with a trial 5gb account which will be on the same bandwidth profile as the Business Uncapped account.

I will just need below details which you can send to me via PM:

Name:
Email address:
Telkom Landline number:
ID number:
Cell Number:

Thanks, I'll get in touch with you guys when my ADSL self installation has been processed.
 
Your Uncapped Internet for Home, what priority profile does it use?
Since i cant seem to find any information on which it uses.

And for heavy data usage (400GB+ /Month) would moving to a normal business uncapped benefit at all?
 
Your Uncapped Internet for Home, what priority profile does it use?
Since i cant seem to find any information on which it uses.

And for heavy data usage (400GB+ /Month) would moving to a normal business uncapped benefit at all?

Our Home uncapped accounts are on our Silver bandwidth priority and you can find more information at links below"


http://support.webafrica.co.za/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/669/130/

http://support.webafrica.co.za/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/760/130/

If you looking 400gb + I would definitely recommend a Business Uncapped product or our 10mbs home uncapped account.
 
Hi Fulton17,

No reported or know issues affecting the Durban area yesterday. Have you checked with our ADSL guys to investigate?

Let me know if you still having issues and I will get them to take a look.

I did email them yesterday and did have a port reset overnight. There was lots of noise on my line and did ask for a fault to be logged with Telkom. I must give credit to the second person who responded to my email this morning as the fault was reported within half an hour. As I am not at home can't verify if probelm is solved even though Telkom tells me line tested and all fine

Once I know I will follow up with you guys. Thanks
 
Even though I have spoken to support twice and have had my line fault re -reported to Telkom, this is how my 10 meg gapped account is performing with WA http://www.speedtest.net/result/2684569944.png This is not even in office hours!!

Yet when I test with my other ISP http://www.speedtest.net/result/2684573561.png - a full 10 meg line

I have restarted my router and it is now working properly, but it feels like I have to restart my router every few minutes if I want decent performance, so yes Justin please can this be looked at
 
Even though I have spoken to support twice and have had my line fault re -reported to Telkom, this is how my 10 meg gapped account is performing with WA http://www.speedtest.net/result/2684569944.png This is not even in office hours!!

Yet when I test with my other ISP http://www.speedtest.net/result/2684573561.png - a full 10 meg line

I have restarted my router and it is now working properly, but it feels like I have to restart my router every few minutes if I want decent performance, so yes Justin please can this be looked at

Will definitely need to have a look into this. I have asked one of our Senior guys to give you a call.
 
Is this thread dead because everyone has left WA or is everything just running smoothly? ;)

I have used 10GB this month *wow yes I know, ridiculous* and I am on 3 stars and my speeds are slower than a herd of turtles rollerskating through peanut butter.
 
Is this thread dead because everyone has left WA or is everything just running smoothly? ;)

I have used 10GB this month *wow yes I know, ridiculous* and I am on 3 stars and my speeds are slower than a herd of turtles rollerskating through peanut butter.

Probably coz you used those 10GB during office hours?
 
Is this thread dead because everyone has left WA or is everything just running smoothly? ;)

I have used 10GB this month *wow yes I know, ridiculous* and I am on 3 stars and my speeds are slower than a herd of turtles rollerskating through peanut butter.

It's fun to be on uncapped, isn't it? ;)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X