Web Africa ADSL general feedback

Youtube? I don't give a damn about Netflix.

Most Youtube is local which seems to be ok for most people. If you wanna watch a vid that isn't locally cached though good luck.

If you're not using Netflix you should give it a try. Both Netflix and Unotelly offer free trials.
 
I'm now placed under 'Affected' category. In other words, I'm being heavily throttled. It's bad. Web browsing is slow as hell. Streaming is non-existent.

I always schedule my downloads between 12AM and 6AM every day :( I rarely download during business hours.

GET IT?! :mad: I ALWAYS SCHEDULE MY HTTP/TORRENT DOWNLOADS BETWEEN 12AM AND 16AM EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? :mad: HERE IS MY USAGE STATS:

View attachment 142840

FFS, I PAY R400 MONTHLY FOR THIS CRAP!!!! R50 more expensive than AH Business Uncapped :mad: SCREW THIS! I'M SO SICK OF BEING SCREWED AROUND BY 3 DIFFERENT ISPS IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS :sick:

Maybe if you stop abusing the IPS's they will respect you rather than SCREAMING HERE!
 
Most Youtube is local which seems to be ok for most people. If you wanna watch a vid that isn't locally cached though good luck.

If you're not using Netflix you should give it a try. Both Netflix and Unotelly offer free trials.


thx!
didnt know unotelly offer free trails :D

thank you :)


got my uno trail

how i get netflix one wiht out entering my card details?

also netflix worth getting? as u can stream from other online sites for free
 
Last edited:
ya things are

tested a download

+-250-300 on WA
+-850-900 on AH


ai ai ai

Which category have you been placed under?

Most Youtube is local which seems to be ok for most people. If you wanna watch a vid that isn't locally cached though good luck.

If you're not using Netflix you should give it a try. Both Netflix and Unotelly offer free trials.

Ok, I will check them out tonight.

Maybe if you stop abusing the IPS's they will respect you rather than SCREAMING HERE!

(Shrugs)
 
Last edited:
in the green zone

dark, it really looks like us 2 gotten bad accounts :/
as the rest dont complain :/
 
in the green zone

dark, it really looks like us 2 gotten bad accounts :/
as the rest dont complain :/

I thought so :( I have to wait until October for my WA account to be terminated before moving to another ISP. It will be a totally new ISP :) From what I heard, it's gonna be awesome :) Just you wait.
 
thx!
didnt know unotelly offer free trails :D

thank you :)


got my uno trail

how i get netflix one wiht out entering my card details?

also netflix worth getting? as u can stream from other online sites for free

You need to enter card details to get the Netflix trial.

Everything just works on Netflix compared to other sites. No dropped frames. No pop up ads. No searching for subtitles. It has a system that learns your likes and dislikes when making recommendations.

I've been using netflix for over a year now. Can't live without it.

I just watched 14 Seasons of TOP Gear on Netflix :D

Still more to go.
 
why is torrents blocked at 12:40 am on a saturday on a business account?
paying R1000 for this ,not worth it not worth it at all
 
why is torrents blocked at 12:40 am on a saturday on a business account?
paying R1000 for this ,not worth it not worth it at all

They should be maxing your line. After midnight your line is unshaped.
 
thanks WA!

getting full use of my line 24/7 , no issues for now.

really enjoying the 50TB :D
View attachment 143464

I'm assuming you're new to WA and the IS backbone?

Please don't get confused with unshaped weekends and lack of consequewnces.

What I mean is, yes, you will receive unshaped bliss over weekends and after 5pm weekdays (normally with IS, not so sure with WA and their different shaping profiles), but bear in mind that any data moved between the hours of 6:00-0:00 will coiunt towards your star rating, so, yes, maybe initially, in the beginning before they have enough data to categorise ypou, you will have a good experience, but bear in mind that the easiest way to land yourself in the naughty corner is to DL 24/7 over the weekend. This is why OW clients always complained come monday morning, they hammered their lines over the weekend (dropping their "non-existent star ratings) which gave them a bad experience duri9ng office hours.

My advice, if you want to keep your great experience, then you have to accept reality, which is, you have to follow the rules (all isp's have them), and that is, schedule DL's for 0:00-6:00 7 days a week, if you're home during the day (which is bad and this is the wrong account for you and you should have another capped account or something to fill the shaping gap).

It just pissed me off when people piss all over the ISP's way of implementing fair use policies, because they have no idea how expensive bandwidth is in this country!

Look at it from this point of view:

Uncapped (2008) for 4mb was about R3000 (rough guestimate, maybe R2000). Now its R199 about. IPC costs from telkom wholesale haven't dropped nearly the same amount, but ISP's are keeping prices artificially low in order to attract more people hoping to grab as many "moms&pops" that use next to nothing so they can subsidise us mybb users etc!

So, to recap, you're only enjoying 24/7 bliss now because it's the weekend, which is unshaped because the general network is quite over this time (no stock market) , but your activity is being monitored and will affect your star rating and you will feel it come monday (and this is why I like the star rating, as it punishes users that hammer their lines, although I feel it's too harsh with weekend usage, but am all for the way it works during the week) unlike other ISP's that just punish "everyone" when the network is busy, so this has nothing to do with the 50TB deal.

That deal (as it's only valid between 0:00-6:00) is to teach you to schedule your DL's between 0:00-6:00 like a considerate ADSL uncapped user, as this time equates to "free data off peak zero impact on network best customer to have and love" situation because the IPC pipe is a 24/7 deal with the upstream provider (Telkom), and because more and more people are starting to stream in the evenings (streaming=downloading to a certain degree=bandwidth intensive), bandwidth during these times are becoming more contended (more fought over), and a really easy quick fix is for all the downloaders (p2p/nntp/http) that have to wait anyway for their downloads can be considerate and schedule them for sleeping hours, therefore, allowing more contention to the people that are awake and are really trying to "watch" the internet (stream), it really pisses me off when people have a problem with this because of stupid things like their fans are too loud or somthing so they have to turn their pc's off etc!
 
^ agree if WA works well today :D

hope it stays like this

really great streaming :love:

Hang on!

If my p2p were blocked after 0:00, never mind after 17:00 I would do my nut!, that is a clear sign that the network is under strain as p2p/nntp is normally the first protocol to take the knock!

Then I see your praise a few posts later.

What's the latest then?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X