Web Africa ADSL general feedback

[...]My only problem is the billing issues [...]

You guys have me concerned about the billing issues,it seems to be a common topic with webafrica. [...]

Keep an eye on the billing. Starting in August, I upgraded from Home Capped to Home Capped Pro. Yet just now I see that WA back charged me for the month of July for Pro, despite the fact I did not have Pro in July. So I've been charged double for July - for Home Capped and then again for Home Capped Pro.
 
Keep an eye on the billing. Starting in August, I upgraded from Home Capped to Home Capped Pro. Yet just now I see that WA back charged me for the month of July for Pro, despite the fact I did not have Pro in July. So I've been charged double for July - for Home Capped and then again for Home Capped Pro.

sorry jim.maybe you should consider afrihost,i didnt have a single billing problem with them but left due to their infrastructure being dodgy.Have you considered cancelling your debit order and paying webafrica via eft?i prefer phoning vs emailing this might help aswell.

send a complaint to this website http://ispa.org.za/ and also on hellopeter ,after you post on hellopeter post it to your facebook wall.
 
Last edited:
Keep an eye on the billing. Starting in August, I upgraded from Home Capped to Home Capped Pro. Yet just now I see that WA back charged me for the month of July for Pro, despite the fact I did not have Pro in July. So I've been charged double for July - for Home Capped and then again for Home Capped Pro.

I am, I upgraded from a 2mb to a 4mb last month and I was told that all I'd pay is an extra R149 for the month due to it being prorata, debit order goes out, instead of R450-500 as it should be, It went out at R983!!!

I phoned them on the Monday, was told that they will credit the account, a day later I have another invoice for R275 and nothing has been credited!
 
I am, I upgraded from a 2mb to a 4mb last month and I was told that all I'd pay is an extra R149 for the month due to it being prorata, debit order goes out, instead of R450-500 as it should be, It went out at R983!!!

I phoned them on the Monday, was told that they will credit the account, a day later I have another invoice for R275 and nothing has been credited!

Yep billing dept really does have major hassles often. I just don't know how they keep going from one issues to the next

Phone and ask to speak to Craig - he is head of billing and will get things sorted for you
 
sorry jim.maybe you should consider afrihost,i didnt have a single billing problem with them but left due to their infrastructure being dodgy.Have you considered cancelling your debit order and paying webafrica via eft?i prefer phoning vs emailing this might help aswell. [...] send a complaint to this website http://ispa.org.za/ and also on hellopeter ,after you post on hellopeter post it to your facebook wall.

I've had an account with AH for several years. Never a problem with billing. I pay with credit card - both AH and WA.

I am, I upgraded from a 2mb to a 4mb last month and I was told that all I'd pay is an extra R149 for the month due to it being prorata, debit order goes out, instead of R450-500 as it should be, It went out at R983!!! [...] I phoned them on the Monday, was told that they will credit the account, a day later I have another invoice for R275 and nothing has been credited!

Well now. Now you have me worried.
 
As far as I can tell upgrading does the same thing as purchasing a new capped accounts, they don't give you a pro-rata charge on capped account as you get the full months cap no matter what day you sign up. I think this would probably apply to upgrading as well. This is why they give you the option to upgrade "End of month" as opposed to "Now".
 
As far as I can tell upgrading does the same thing as purchasing a new capped accounts, they don't give you a pro-rata charge on capped account as you get the full months cap no matter what day you sign up. I think this would probably apply to upgrading as well. This is why they give you the option to upgrade "End of month" as opposed to "Now".

I can understand the capped account not having pro rata, but I upgraded an uncapped account...
 
Gosh, the billing really does suck :/ I applied in july to have it first activated from 1 August, now yesterday I got an invoice for July and August.. ! Star rating also dropped from 5 to 3, in a matter of 5gb yesterday.
 
After being billed double for July, I just now finished speaking to billing over the phone. Yes, I was told, I did indeed pay twice in July. WA will credit my account, sometime in the next 72 hours.
 
anyone have streaming problems?

i got the 10mb business today

and youtube wont work

speed test are full speed
pings/tracert are all 100%

but streaming wont go more than 150kb/s

tryed it on WA's dns and google's same thing

kinda dissapointed :/
 
P2P is still being shaped now... on my WA Business Uncapped account but not on my WA Free 2 GB account. Oh and streaming is slow tonight. Why is that?

WA is way too FSUKING OVERRATED!!!![/COLOR="#FF0000"]
 
ping normal just slow streaming and torrents dont work :/

support says they cant find anything wrong
 
Hi Guys,

We had no reported network issues last night or the night before.

If you are having issues with your connection please PM me or contact our support team so they can assist.
 
P2P is still being shaped now... on my WA Business Uncapped account but not on my WA Free 2 GB account. Oh and streaming is slow tonight. Why is that?

WA is way too FSUKING OVERRATED!!!![/COLOR="#FF0000"]



WebAfrica, you are full of *****. Bye.

Hi DarSpectre,

Have you requested our ADSL team to take a look into your account issues?
 
helper,

i orderd the 10mb business and not really happy about the speeds i get for the past 2days got it on the 18th

if i cancel it now

will it end 1st sep or 1oct?

support find nothing wrong
streaming also not what i exspected, from testing the free 2gb
p2p sharped to death
loaded a online game from a site loads at 200
switch to my AH and it loads at 800+,torrents also full 700+ vs 4kb on WA i know p2p is best effort but 4kb/s! thats not even a effort

me and dark,have the same problems :/

maby we gotten "bad" accounts
cuz i dont see anyone els complain and from what i heard WA,is that there awesome and have a good network
 
Last edited:
If I use internet during the day on the weekend, is that going to affect my usage summary 'rating'?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X