Web Africa ADSL general feedback

Wtf. My account's still not debited :mad: I have the outstanding balance - R399.00 :mad: It was supposed to be fully settled on the 1st of August. Despite the fact that I HAVE ALREADY FILLED IN AND SIGNED THE DEBIT ORDER MANDATE FORM AND THEN EMAILED IT TO WA. Just great :mad: I've just opened a ticket now. They better respond to it or ELSE! :mad:

Man, this ISP business's so stressful for me :mad:

Debit orders take a while to come off and display as paid. Only credit cards are processed immediately. I have 2 accounts, one on debit, one on credit. Debit is still "unpaid".
 
Hi all
I am thinking about making a move from AH to WA, currently I have a 2MB Home Uncapped account with them.

Can someone please explain WA's throttling policy
AH's policy is something on the lines of if there is congestion on the network, everyone is affected, blah blah.

I seem to understand that with WA, whether or not you're throttled is dependent on you alone. Is this true?

What is this about only download between 12-6am?
On a 2MB account, when can I expect to see a drop in stars and subsequent throttling?
Are all services throttled or just torrents?
How do I re-earn stars?


Thanks
 
can anyone link me to the leaderboard?

if wa have one

edit: just saw the one for the 50TB

do they have one for the other
like AH does?

just so i can see and get a idea what "heavy" are
 
Last edited:
Why don't you fix this now? As a paying client, I demand it! Please don't disappoint me again and again. :mad: Web browsing's fast as usual. Only Youtube is being afrihosted to death on my BUSINESS UNCAPPED account. BUSINESS UNCAPPED. BUSINESS!!!!!
 
that in**7@wa guy has a really bad port addiction..


Bad maths shows he averages ~15Mbs daily non stop, and the board only takes 00:00-06:00 into account

If we account for 6 hours x 5 days he has to have at least a 40Mbit and 20Mbs line


We have a monster on our hands
 
Last edited:
Why don't you fix this now? As a paying client, I demand it! Please don't disappoint me again and again. :mad: Web browsing's fast as usual. Only Youtube is being afrihosted to death on my BUSINESS UNCAPPED account. BUSINESS UNCAPPED. BUSINESS!!!!!
Go download some business emails and answer some business calls for your business needs kappa
 
that in**7@wa guy has a really bad port addiction..


Bad maths shows he averages ~15Mbs daily non stop, and the board only takes 00:00-06:00 into account

If we account for 6 hours x 5 days he has to have at least 2x40Mbs lines and a 20Mbs line


We have a monster on our hands

He must be using the account on a few ADSL lines
 
Weird indeed.

I have too made the switch and love the EU streaming and consistently low latencies. Let's hope WA can maintain this level of service.
 
Weird indeed.

I have too made the switch and love the EU streaming and consistently low latencies. Let's hope WA can maintain this level of service.

+1

Seems everyone is happy (hopefully I too shall be a happy customer again soon), if they can maintain good performance and decent pricing then we won't have much of a reason to leave.

I logged into my WA account today, I last had an active product with them back in 2008. It was a 30GB local only account for R140. Ahh, the good old days.
 
Trying to download a warthunder update 70mb..

60Gb capped account 4mb line going a blistering speed of 30kb
 
Trying to download a warthunder update 70mb..

60Gb capped account 4mb line going a blistering speed of 30kb

Now you are worrying me. I just signed up for a 4Mbit line and 60GB :-/

*sigh* South African internet? Hope it is a network issues which they get resolved quickly.
Any WA representative who can provide us with some feedback regarding some issues customers are experiencing.
 
Seeing a ~200kB/s drop in performance, both OH and AH, on my 10Mbps business account. When I opened a ticket was instantly told that it is my exchange that is congested and the account is fine. No tracert or anything required, and my line is with Telkom, not WA.
 
I do like my WA 4mb uncapped account, I don't see the star rating to be much of a hindrance to me.

My only problem is the billing issues, WA Helper could you maybe help with that?
 
You guys have me concerned about the billing issues,it seems to be a common topic with webafrica.It is my first month with them and i am happy so far.i will be however checking on debit orders and invoices to make sure things are going smoothly.A little of topic but why arent we protected by the CPA?why are companies allowed to make billing errors and debit more than they are allowed to.All companies should pay a fine if there is an extra amount debited,on condition that the customer has proof.I like webafrica so far but i prefer Afrihosts overall customer experience.If i phone Afrihosts i know exactly what number i am and how long i will be waiting for.The clientzone on Afrihost is so much better and neater.You have to use 2portals to effectively manage your WebAfrica account(dsl.webafrica.co.za and the customer zone area),the portals arent as organised as Afrihost and i find it annoying switching between 2portals when one organised portal is better.Why doesnt Webafrica have an android,ios app?i loved the Afrihost app,it allowed me to quickly check my cap and report a line fault..Lastly i have noticed that the Webafrica helper isnt as active on this thread as he/she should be,i find that concerning.I must admit that when dealing with Webafrica on the phone(adsl support),they were very helpful.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X