Web Africa ADSL general feedback

Recently I moved from afrihost to webafrica, similar setup, 90GB capped account. So far I did not even use 50% of allocated data.
Problem is that netflix, my main reason for move is actually worse on webafrica. I have 10mb line and during buffering I did speed test to jhb server and it is above 8mb so where is the problem? Shaping?
This happens during weekends, evenings. Test account has same problem.
I use unotelly, Cape Town and Johannesburg server.
 
Recently I moved from afrihost to webafrica, similar setup, 90GB capped account. So far I did not even use 50% of allocated data.
Problem is that netflix, my main reason for move is actually worse on webafrica. I have 10mb line and during buffering I did speed test to jhb server and it is above 8mb so where is the problem? Shaping?
This happens during weekends, evenings. Test account has same problem.
I use unotelly, Cape Town and Johannesburg server.

Try using Ireland Unotelly server.
 
Anyone else seen a drop in speeds during DL+ times? Yesterday I managed 2,8 gigs per hour (normal is about 3,6 - 10 meg line) and this morning was only 2 gigs per hour.

It has not been a problem as I only needed a few gigs each morning, but am guessing this is - in part - due to the promotion they are running this month
 
Huge drop in throughput this morning in Gallo Manor (Telkom Kelvin exchange).
I have a 10Meg line.

Not sure what the problem is? Maybe someone from Webafrica can find out.

3714544326.png
 
Recently I moved from afrihost to webafrica, similar setup, 90GB capped account. So far I did not even use 50% of allocated data.
Problem is that netflix, my main reason for move is actually worse on webafrica. I have 10mb line and during buffering I did speed test to jhb server and it is above 8mb so where is the problem? Shaping?
This happens during weekends, evenings. Test account has same problem.
I use unotelly, Cape Town and Johannesburg server.

Has the issue been resolved? If not PM me your account details so I can get out team to assist.
 
Anyone else seen a drop in speeds during DL+ times? Yesterday I managed 2,8 gigs per hour (normal is about 3,6 - 10 meg line) and this morning was only 2 gigs per hour.

It has not been a problem as I only needed a few gigs each morning, but am guessing this is - in part - due to the promotion they are running this month

Hi Fulton17,

Our network team have checked and there are no capacity issues on our network during 12-6am so the promo is not affecting the throughput during DL+. Your downloads should be running at full speed.

Are you using torrents, NZB or HTTP downloads during DL+?



Huge drop in throughput this morning in Gallo Manor (Telkom Kelvin exchange).
I have a 10Meg line.

Not sure what the problem is? Maybe someone from Webafrica can find out.

View attachment 143906

No knows issues in your area. Has our ADSL team assisted yet?
 
Hi Fulton17,

Our network team have checked and there are no capacity issues on our network during 12-6am so the promo is not affecting the throughput during DL+. Your downloads should be running at full speed.

Are you using torrents, NZB or HTTP downloads during DL+?

Thanks

I am using NZB and DL from IS and WA servers. Up until the start of this month, I generally ran at 95%-100% all the time; since the promo I seldom get this and most days have been up and down. Today has been one of the worst this month.

My experience has been a degradation in speeds and the most common cause for me is that everyone is trying to max out downloads. Hopefully then next month things will be better
 
10 day usage:139 GB
10 Meg Business Uncapped

Your Uncapped Category:
Affected

How little data do I have to use to not be shaped? :mad:
 
Thanks

I am using NZB and DL from IS and WA servers. Up until the start of this month, I generally ran at 95%-100% all the time; since the promo I seldom get this and most days have been up and down. Today has been one of the worst this month.

My experience has been a degradation in speeds and the most common cause for me is that everyone is trying to max out downloads. Hopefully then next month things will be better


hope so
but the past days wa been working well for me :)


10 day usage:139 GB
10 Meg Business Uncapped

Your Uncapped Category:
Affected

How little data do I have to use to not be shaped? :mad:

when did u use all that data?
day time
after hours or in DL+

alos 139gb's not that much :(
 
10 day usage:139 GB
10 Meg Business Uncapped

Your Uncapped Category:
Affected

How little data do I have to use to not be shaped? :mad:

You'd be better off spending that money on a capped solution... Have a lot of change to spare actually.
 
what is the aim of the 50tb thing when it kills me on my capped package?

after 00h00 on on an a capped account and getting no more than 4mbps when it did 16mbps from the same site before. i'm not usually awake at this time nor generally check the download stats. but i am downloading a huge package today over d+ (because i thought of it near the time).

or is it normal for a 16meg line to run at 4meg during this time?

edit - how do i gain from this 50tb thing when it seems it will cost me on this 16gb download? (eta - 13h)
 
what is the aim of the 50tb thing when it kills me on my capped package?

after 00h00 on on an a capped account and getting no more than 4mbps when it did 16mbps from the same site before. i'm not usually awake at this time nor generally check the download stats. but i am downloading a huge package today over d+ (because i thought of it near the time).

or is it normal for a 16meg line to run at 4meg during this time?

edit - how do i gain from this 50tb thing when it seems it will cost me on this 16gb download? (eta - 13h)

+1

My situation is not as bad as yours but I only managed a few days of full speed DL this month and that was at the start whereas before most of the time I got full DL speeds during DL+ time

My stats today (max would be 3.7 gigs per hour)
2.8
2
2.7
3.6
3.7
3.5

My DLs should have completed in time but I still have 2.8 gigs to DL

Every time I bring this up, WA just says no problems reported and all is good
 
no actually, i bought this product because it gave me 300GB. the extra 300gb was useful i thought. and i thought actually of the less than 300gb downloads i do, a good number is after 12.

but if d+ then limits my speed, is this advertised? did i care too much for the first 300gb not to care for the d+ 300gb?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X