Web Africa ADSL general feedback

Anyone having issues with speeds in DL+ hours?

This morning my speeds were about 30% for the first hour; second hour was about 60% and only in third hour did I reach full speeds.

I hope this was a glitch and not a sign of things to come with this DL+ now been uncapped for most people

I'm having the exact same issue. 3rd hour i get full speeds but at 5am the speeds drop to <100kbps
 
Thanks, I look forward to a response/call.

Haven't heard anything since the last time I updated the ticket, 18 hours ago.

Ticket has been open since November 4'th.

Hi BeoTeK,

I've asked a senior to contact you and to answer your ticket as well.
 
Anyone having issues with speeds in DL+ hours?

This morning my speeds were about 30% for the first hour; second hour was about 60% and only in third hour did I reach full speeds.

I hope this was a glitch and not a sign of things to come with this DL+ now been uncapped for most people

I'm having the exact same issue. 3rd hour i get full speeds but at 5am the speeds drop to <100kbps

@WAhelper

You did not comment on these concerns. As we are both having similar issues - any thoughts / comments?

Thank you
 
My capped account running at 25% line speed; DL from paid and free news servers :(

Seems about right the past four weeks. Had a HTTP download going from my server at less than 100 KBps today on a 6 Mbps line. Happens all the time lately. Business Capped is not prioritised anymore. This is my last month with them.
 
Same issue again tonight. Full line speed till 12am then a steady drop to 100kbps from 3am. 250mb per hour on a 10mb line is rediculous
 
@WAhelper

You did not comment on these concerns. As we are both having similar issues - any thoughts / comments?

Thank you

Hi Fulton17,

Please PM me your speed test and trace route when this happens so I can escalate and have this issue investigated by our Engineering team.
 
Hi Fulton17,

Please PM me your speed test and trace route when this happens so I can escalate and have this issue investigated by our Engineering team.

Thanks WAHelper - PM sent

Tonight I am crawling along at about 15% line speed; switched over to Vox and 100% line speed, so this fault is totally with WA. The problem has become worse over the last few days and this morning I could not finish my DL's. I think I worked between 20 and 80% (when lucky) of my line speeds

Whilst I do appreciate the extra gigs, I am annoyed that with that has come serious performance issues. Maybe there are some serious new shaping, priority protocols in place now :(
 
I'm also concerned about the Business Capped performance degradation (or looks like it) between last month and now...
Like I recommended that particular account as an upgrade from Axxess capped for our church, since they're relying on high availability + consistent speeds for live video streaming, which Axxess was unable to provide till beginning of this month. I can't use VOX as a backup, because we already have a VOX diginet and need an alternative ADSL ISP account as backup.

When I moved from Home Capped to Business Capped (or Home Capped Pro actually), I did notice that I could do HTTP/news server downloads at full 10Mbps line speed any time of day where as the Home Capped was throttled to some extent. Now for the past couple of days, I noticed that I'm only getting about 2-4Mbps when downloading between say 17:00 - 22:00.

BTW: thanks for fixing the "Business Static Uncapped VDSL: 40mbps Pro" DSL console display issue :)
 
Same Problem last night
Running at 100k instead of 800k.
Switched to another IS account and full speed
 
I'm also concerned about the Business Capped performance degradation (or looks like it) between last month and now...
Like I recommended that particular account as an upgrade from Axxess capped for our church, since they're relying on high availability + consistent speeds for live video streaming, which Axxess was unable to provide till beginning of this month. I can't use VOX as a backup, because we already have a VOX diginet and need an alternative ADSL ISP account as backup.

When I moved from Home Capped to Business Capped (or Home Capped Pro actually), I did notice that I could do HTTP/news server downloads at full 10Mbps line speed any time of day where as the Home Capped was throttled to some extent. Now for the past couple of days, I noticed that I'm only getting about 2-4Mbps when downloading between say 17:00 - 22:00.

BTW: thanks for fixing the "Business Static Uncapped VDSL: 40mbps Pro" DSL console display issue :)

Same Problem last night
Running at 100k instead of 800k.
Switched to another IS account and full speed

Hi,

Really sorry for this :( Microsoft has released huge Windows 10 update this week, which is filling up the pipe into which we match the above protocols. Other normal traffic shouldn’t be affected by the extra shaping on the best-effort pipes.
 
Thanks WAHelper - PM sent

Tonight I am crawling along at about 15% line speed; switched over to Vox and 100% line speed, so this fault is totally with WA. The problem has become worse over the last few days and this morning I could not finish my DL's. I think I worked between 20 and 80% (when lucky) of my line speeds

Whilst I do appreciate the extra gigs, I am annoyed that with that has come serious performance issues. Maybe there are some serious new shaping, priority protocols in place now :(

Hi,

I've replied to your PM and we will get back to you.
 
Hi,

Really sorry for this :( Microsoft has released huge Windows 10 update this week, which is filling up the pipe into which we match the above protocols. Other normal traffic shouldn’t be affected by the extra shaping on the best-effort pipes.

Do you call a Business Capped a best-effort? Really?

This has been a problem for the past four weeks. Nothing to do with Windows 10. Please don't try Afrihost BS on us.

You asked for my account details last month. I got no feedback from you.
 
Hi,

I've replied to your PM and we will get back to you.

Thanks so much.

I know that if Mujeeb is dealing with this, then it should be in good hands

Sadly at this stage, no real improvement - lucky if I can get 25% line speed :(
 
Last edited:
I am truly unhappy with the level of service i have received from Webafrica.

After waiting patiently 12 days for my Adsl to be transferred and upgraded to 4 meg uncapped. I am unable to play counterstrike due to huge loss (40%) at 10:05pm. I switch to my telkom account and the problem is resolved.

Here is an earlier speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/4826910467.png

Is this the level of service i am to expect?

I tried to log a ticket on your website but got the following message

Error 524 Ray ID: 2444dd696dd415f2 • 2015-11-12 20:09:27 UTC
A timeout occurred

Regards
 
This morning in DL+ time the maximum speed I could was about 2/3rds of my line speed. :(

This is going on for too long now - surely the windows updates shouldn't cripple a network. Really poor if I can't get close to full line speed during DL+ time as an absolute minimum

This was feedback from WA support

I spoke to engineering and they advised that due to Windows releasing their new update for win10, it's causing the load on our network thus causing the shaping on these protocols.

I am sorry for this , but we are looking at fixing this as quick as we can. It should get better after the most users downloaded these updates though.
 
This morning in DL+ time the maximum speed I could was about 2/3rds of my line speed. :(

This is going on for too long now - surely the windows updates shouldn't cripple a network. Really poor if I can't get close to full line speed during DL+ time as an absolute minimum

This was feedback from WA support

I spoke to engineering and they advised that due to Windows releasing their new update for win10, it's causing the load on our network thus causing the shaping on these protocols.

I am sorry for this , but we are looking at fixing this as quick as we can. It should get better after the most users downloaded these updates though.

Everything should be sorted for now, are you still experiencing issues?
 
This morning in DL+ time the maximum speed I could was about 2/3rds of my line speed. :(

This is going on for too long now - surely the windows updates shouldn't cripple a network. Really poor if I can't get close to full line speed during DL+ time as an absolute minimum

This was feedback from WA support

I spoke to engineering and they advised that due to Windows releasing their new update for win10, it's causing the load on our network thus causing the shaping on these protocols.

I am sorry for this , but we are looking at fixing this as quick as we can. It should get better after the most users downloaded these updates though.

Hi,

I've asked Mujeeb to look into this issue for you :(
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X