Webafrica Mailbox Deduction

Sidious28

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
121
Reaction score
12
Location
Cape Town
I've tried to use webafrica's live chat to sort this issue out but it constantly just disappears. No idea why because the first time I did, the conversation would stay so that I could jump back into.

Last year on the 31 January 2025 they sent out an email stating the free 1gb account would be decommissioned and the mailbox would be removed as well if no action is taken.

Well come 1 October 2026 what do I see, a debit charge on my account. I contacted webafrica and during the conversation I found the email which was sent in August about the charge from September onwards.

Canceled the mailbox but now I want to know why this wasn't done last year as stated from the 1 March.

Any webafrica representative here that can fix it because your live chat is trash.
 
I also got a mail back in August that i must cancel my "free" e-mail account before 15 Sep 2026 or they will start billing from 1 Oct 2026 @ R50/month (most expensive e-mail account I have ever encountered)

Nonetheless i spoke to Anees via whatsapp chat and this person said the e-mail will always be free and I will NOT be charged for it. Lets see.

I have saved that chat just in case, as they couldn't even find any mails of that sort that was sent out, yet the return path is theirs.
 
I've tried to use webafrica's live chat to sort this issue out but it constantly just disappears. No idea why because the first time I did, the conversation would stay so that I could jump back into.

Last year on the 31 January 2025 they sent out an email stating the free 1gb account would be decommissioned and the mailbox would be removed as well if no action is taken.

Well come 1 October 2026 what do I see, a debit charge on my account. I contacted webafrica and during the conversation I found the email which was sent in August about the charge from September onwards.

Canceled the mailbox but now I want to know why this wasn't done last year as stated from the 1 March.

Any webafrica representative here that can fix it because your live chat is trash.
Hi @Sidious28
We’ve received your DM with the account details, thank you. We’ve flagged this with the relevant teams to review what happened with the mailbox decommissioning and the charge, and to assist you directly as soon as possible.
We’ve also noted the difficulty you experienced with our Live Chat dropping the conversation, as we can appreciate how frustrating that is when you’re trying to get a straightforward issue resolved.

The team will review the history and come back to you with clarity on what happened and the next steps.

Warm regards,
Webafrica Crew
 
Hi @Sidious28
We’ve received your DM with the account details, thank you. We’ve flagged this with the relevant teams to review what happened with the mailbox decommissioning and the charge, and to assist you directly as soon as possible.
We’ve also noted the difficulty you experienced with our Live Chat dropping the conversation, as we can appreciate how frustrating that is when you’re trying to get a straightforward issue resolved.

The team will review the history and come back to you with clarity on what happened and the next steps.

Warm regards,
Webafrica Crew
Thank you
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X