Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

I have decided against the weight loss, my training goals have shifted considerably.

I am now looking to bulk up, already seeing massive gains with my 7 day gym plan and also with the new supplements I am taking, will join again come winter when I look to cut :)

Fat loss, then. Which is in effect what everyone here is doing anyway.
 
Gonna go for recomp I rather... eat at maintenance, workout regularly, slowly burn fat and build muscle. Apparently this can be done.
 
I weighed this morning - up a KG. Things I have changed:

*Diet soda started creeping back into my diet (sweetener's can activate insulin response)
*Increased consumption of dark chocolate (sugar, although prob not enough to activate insulin)

I have banned the diet soda and switched to water again and will only have the chocolate a few nights a week and see if this halts weight increase
 
I weighed this morning - up a KG. Things I have changed:

*Diet soda started creeping back into my diet (sweetener's can activate insulin response)
*Increased consumption of dark chocolate (sugar, although prob not enough to activate insulin)

I have banned the diet soda and switched to water again and will only have the chocolate a few nights a week and see if this halts weight increase

I'll be much more worried about the chocolate than the diet soda.

100g 70% Dark Chocolate = 33g Carbs, 500 Calories, and +- 14g Sugar.

The 85% Dark chocolate being little better, but still, I wont blame the diet soda while im eating chocolates :-)
 
Last edited:
I'll be much more worried about the chocolate than the diet soda.
+1. Chocolate is extremely high in calories :(

That BBC doccie, "Why are thin people not fat?", they tried to make thin people fat by getting them to on to a high calorie diet. The only way they could get enough calories in to gain weight was to top up with chocolate.
 
I'll be much more worried about the chocolate than the diet soda.

100g 70% Dark Chocolate = 33g Carbs, 500 Calories, and +- 14g Sugar.

The 85% Dark chocolate being little better, but still, I wont blame the diet soda while im eating chocolates :-)

Only eat 85% and have always even when I lost 26kg's - just eating 2-4 blocks more regularly. I see your point with the calories though - will def cut back
 
Only eat 85% and have always even when I lost 26kg's - just eating 2-4 blocks more regularly. I see your point with the calories though - will def cut back

Well done by loosing 26kg!!

But I will never get how people can be so addicted to chocolate, I honestly cannot remember when last I had any chocolate and I don't care, it does not appeal to me at all. Sure it tastes good, but honestly not something I need regularly. Maybe you should start smoking to get rid of the chocolate urges :p
 
Well done by loosing 26kg!!

But I will never get how people can be so addicted to chocolate, I honestly cannot remember when last I had any chocolate and I don't care, it does not appeal to me at all. Sure it tastes good, but honestly not something I need regularly. Maybe you should start smoking to get rid of the chocolate urges :p

HAHA - never! (Thanks for the congrats) I have always despised smokers (no offence intended to the smokers here).

I don't crave sweets but dark chocolate has become important to me. My new "fixes" are Nespresso, dark chocolate and macadamia nut butter. I can live with those 3 things filling the void which sugar and carbs have left.
 
I'm in for this as well. But I need no pressure at all right now, I know what I have to do. I'm eating a lot less carbs, and a lot less sweets, as well as going for a few KM walking/jogging combined.

Started last week, was on 141.9KG last Tuesday, and down to 139.9KG tonight. Slow going, but I'll get there in the end.

EDIT: Target is 94, for now.
 
Picked up two. :o so much for these diets that includes carbs. Meh. Back to Banting. It works for my body.

Bloody meh. Now I'll have to work four weeks to get back there again.

Feb was a disaster. I was sick for a week and a lazy cow for the rest. Meh.
 
Picked up two. :o so much for these diets that includes carbs. Meh. Back to Banting. It works for my body.

Bloody meh. Now I'll have to work four weeks to get back there again.

Feb was a disaster. I was sick for a week and a lazy cow for the rest. Meh.

Me and a buddy was talking about this a few days back, I don't see Banting as a diet, Its a permanent change, I want to cut out carbs and sugars for the rest of my life
 
Me and a buddy was talking about this a few days back, I don't see Banting as a diet, Its a permanent change, I want to cut out carbs and sugars for the rest of my life

It's true. I have a weakness for a toasted cheese zaamie.. :o

I will not never eat pizza or toasted cheese agan, but Im not eating it every week any more. It is a lifestyle it works for me.
 
Me and a buddy was talking about this a few days back, I don't see Banting as a diet, Its a permanent change, I want to cut out carbs and sugars for the rest of my life

Carbs and Sugar are good they serve a purpose. Think of a hybrid car using electricity and petrol, sugar is like electricity and carbs like petrol, quick available energy and potential stored energy.

Cutting down is good but cutting them out it not.
 
Carbs and Sugar are good they serve a purpose. Think of a hybrid car using electricity and petrol, sugar is like electricity and carbs like petrol, quick available energy and potential stored energy.

Cutting down is good but cutting them out it not.

Uh, no. Sugar is a carb.

You get enough energy from protein.

And the 'potential' you get from carbs is fat, unless you use it practically immediately.
 
It's true. I have a weakness for a toasted cheese zaamie.. :o

I will not never eat pizza or toasted cheese agan, but Im not eating it every week any more. It is a lifestyle it works for me.

N braaibroodjie......:cry:
I wont say i will never eat pizza or a braaibroojie again, but it will only be on special occasions, otherwise Carbs/Suger is out.
 
Lost 0.3kg for the week.

Week started really bad, but lost 1.4kg over the last three days. I think we were right about that water weight I picked up over last weekend.

2015-02-27 05_13_14-weight tracker - Google Sheets.jpg
 
Capture1.jpg
Capture.jpg

Lost 0.5 kg to last week. Going slow. I blame my increase in eating fat.
 
A full 11 months of LCHF for me today!

I have maintained a good weight for my height at 85kg for the past 4 months. Stoked. :)
 
What a terrible tasty weekend. Full off samoosas and burgers.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X