What do you do during load shedding?

Wysjoumuis

Im sitting here in the dark and wondering what you guys do when Eksdom is load shedding in your area.
On your phones, laptops or ipads?

Thinking i should buy a Nintendo switch or someting to keep me busy, dont think i would as the switch cost a lot. Im more a playstation fan, i do have a ps4, and a ps vita just doesnt have the games i want to play.

How about a portable dvd player?

What is the must haves during load shedding? Besides torches, candles and matches. Any cool tech that keeps you entertained?

newby_investor

I take it you're asking from a single person's perspective? ;-)

If it's still light out, the wife and I take a walk in the neighbourhood.

If it's dark, then depending on how late it is, I either just go to bed, or switch on the camping lantern and read a book (something like this: https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/A...ECHARGEABLE-28-LED-CAMPING-LANTERN/p/00780419).

Thinking now from 2015 actually, because so far this time round I've only been caught out once while I was at home. Have ordered a UPS which should keep my internet going and the wife's Chromebook has enough battery life to outlast the load-shedding, so next time we may stream a movie perhaps.

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
Im sitting here in the dark and wondering what you guys do when Eksdom is load shedding in your area.

Thinking i should buy a Nintendo switch or someting to keep me busy, dont think i would as the switch cost a lot. Im more a playstation fan, i do have a ps4, and a ps vita just doesnt have the games i want to play.

What is the must haves during load shedding? Besides torches, candles and matches. Any cool tech that keeps you entertained?
Nothing. We have solar backup and continue as usual

thechamp

Honorary Master

Candles and matches?, this a tech forum, such backward things are frowned upon, unless of course you use them to start a fire for a braai.

Daisy Cloudskitter

tech that keeps you entertained?
^ Internetz on laptop with cheap, portable, rechargeable mifi /wifi router (Huawei R218h) .

^ Please share how well that LED lantern has worked for you ? I'm looking for a decent one that won't die after a few recharges :sick:

ekske1

Expert Member

Basically

Steam, music, podcasts, series, movies on laptop
Mybb on phone
Books
< Censored >