What happened to local only bandwidth?

Rick

I logged on to an old Webafrica account to purchase some local only bandwidth, only to find that there is no more such option. Only the more expensive, regular (international) bandwidth packages and top-ups remain.

Does anyone know of an ISP where I can purchase some local only bandwidth?

The links on Hellkom seems to be out of date. I have tried searching on the MyBB main page and the forum. The most recent post on MyBB regarding local only bandwidth is from 2012!?

adsl2

Expert Member
AFAIK international data is a lot cheaper than local data (IPC) so there is not much point in having only local data.

Rick

But DSL is cheap, what do you need the internet for?
I need an alternate account to connect to my home network from work. Using the same uncapped account I use at home fails after a while because it only supports four concurrent connections and each successive dailups counts as a connection.

letslogic.com

I logged on to an old Webafrica account to purchase some local only bandwidth, only to find that there is no more such option. Only the more expensive, regular (international) bandwidth packages and top-ups remain.

Does anyone know of an ISP where I can purchase some local only bandwidth?

The links on Hellkom seems to be out of date. I have tried searching on the MyBB main page and the forum. The most recent post on MyBB regarding local only bandwidth is from 2012!?
I think it's because the people who were using local only accounts knew what they were doing i.e it was easy to circumvent the limitation and the ISP's caught onto this.