What is the interview process like for an Android Developer position at Discovery ?

phil77

I get the feeling that Discovery is a terrible place to to work. Almost everyone I know who left told me the same thing...

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
Judging purely on the quality of their Android App, you qualify for the job if you can fog up a mirror placed under your nose.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Judging purely on the quality of their Android App, you qualify for the job if you can fog up a mirror placed under your nose.
Lol, yeah they somehow managed to remake the login screen even worse with no option to remember login even though for most phones are only used by a single person and are behind a lock screen.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
I get the feeling that Discovery is a terrible place to to work. Almost everyone I know who left told me the same thing...
I'd imagine you'd get that from quite a few people who's moved jobs.

I wouldn't mind working there just to get access to the data they gather... can't stand the company though.

phil77

I'd imagine you'd get that from quite a few people who's moved jobs.

I wouldn't mind working there just to get access to the data they gather... can't stand the company though.
What kind of data? Remember the POPI act

xrapidx

Honorary Master
What kind of data? Remember the POPI act
All the data they collect on customers - I don't mean to sell - more from a statistical view. They collect data on your shopping basket, on your physical activities, on your health, on your driving habits, on your spending, etc. it must be quite interesting.

konfab

Honorary Master
If he gets the job then we know who to blame when the damn thing breaks. :ROFL: