What to do when SARS eFiling won’t work with Chrome

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
The SARS eFiling website is “optimally viewed in Internet Explorer versions 8+ browsers”, and requires the “latest version of Adobe Flash player and Adobe Reader”, said SARS.
Lol SARS being 10 years behind the times.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Or just use IE11?

It really won't give you cooties to use it for this one thing (Windows 10 has IE, just for search internet explorer)

Executive Member
Lol SARS being 10 years behind the times.
Well, efiling is about 10 years old now isn't it?

I'd imagine it would cost a fair amount of money to change the tech behind it... I'd rather my tax money be used elsewhere and I'll just use flash once a year.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Well, efiling is about 10 years old now isn't it?

I'd imagine it would cost a fair amount of money to change the tech behind it... I'd rather my tax money be used elsewhere and I'll just use flash once a year.
Only thing your tax money is used on is helping Zuma get to Dubai.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Or just use IE11?

It really won't give you cooties to use it for this one thing (Windows 10 has IE, just for search internet explorer)
You assume everyone runs Windows.

Apparently so do SARS.

As a geek it doesn’t bother me much but I can imagine it being a nightmare for a “normal” person.

It really should just work.

RoganDawes

Expert Member
You assume everyone runs Windows.

Apparently so do SARS.

As a geek it doesn’t bother me much but I can imagine it being a nightmare for a “normal” person.

It really should just work.
As a geek, it annoys the everloving **** out of me, to be forced to use Adobe Acrobat, when the PDF standard itself, as implemented by all the other PDF viewers, is perfectly adequate for SARS' purposes, but they decided to make use of a proprietary extension that only Adobe has implemented!

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
As a geek, it annoys the everloving **** out of me, to be forced to use Adobe Acrobat, when the PDF standard itself, as implemented by all the other PDF viewers, is perfectly adequate for SARS' purposes, but they decided to make use of a proprietary extension that only Adobe has implemented!
Oh I’m certainly annoyed but at least to me it’s a few clicks.

To my old man or anyone else it’s a nightmare.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
about 4 years ago I went for an interview at the dev house that allegedly maintained the SARS efiling site. Their processes seemed very thorough, more so than most other places I had come across but it does look like the core hasn't been updated in a while. I'm sure with the array of people that need to access the site one of the requirements were that it works best on IE as that is the standard browser shipped with windows and the one assumed to most likely be used as not everyone using the site is tech savvy enough to install a new/different browser.

Solitude

Expert Member
I don't know how they still haven't fixed this.

Where I work we spend a lot of time to make sure the web apps work in most browsers. Hell we even have to make the sites work in IE8 because we have a client who forces everyone in their company to make use of IE8. SARS should really get with the times and man, our client should too.