What's for lunch?

rorz0r

Executive Member
Apple, peanut butter sandwiches, some water right now, and some woolies pasta salad for just now.

ponder

Honorary Master
that sounds lekker!
Trust me, it was :D

Here is the recipe http://www.what2night.co.za/food/recipes/41/

I use cut shanks 1.2kg, not whole ones. I triple up on all the spices though so where it says 1tsp I use 3tsp, 4 cloves garlic, 3 onios, 4 potatoes, add 3 med carrots, 6 tsp fish sauce, 1/2 red pepper cubed 1cm 1hr before removing. Add a more water until everything is covered. Cook for 3hr15min in oven using cast large cast iron pot with lid, excludes prep time.

Last edited:

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I picked up a can from the speciality shop here in PE but the recipe I use just tastes so much better.

Today was a massive meatball sub. :)
My wife also makes it from scratch. We brought back a few large plastic containers of Chilli Spice from Sam's Club!

ponder

Honorary Master
My wife also makes it from scratch. We brought back a few large plastic containers of Chilli Spice from Sam's Club!
Is that not the same as what we just call mince on toast but instead on a bun? Mince, onion, Italian canned tomatoes and some spices/herbs.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Is that not the same as what we just call mince on toast but instead on a bun? Mince, onion, Italian canned tomatoes and some spices/herbs.
Yes, pretty much... except for the addition of the Chilli spice! :D