What's on your emulator box

Daruk

Honorary Master
I know many of us have everything in creation on our emulators, but what do you play the most?
I'm setting up my Switch for:
Mame
NES
SNES
maybe PS1
C64 and Speccy
ScummVM

The cool thing is creating direct launch icons on the home screen to the games you play the most (instead of running an emu and loading a rom).
My top two are Mame ROMS (Kiki KaiKai and Black Tiger / Black Dragon)...
Others I'll definitely have at some point are:

Mame: Elevator Action, Double Dragon, Renegade, Jailbreak, SF1 & 2, Gradius, Gyruss, Galaga, Pac-Man, Ms Pac-Man, Space Panic, Rygar, Zippy race, City Connection, Contra
NES: Bomberman, Bomberman 2, Adventure Islander 1, 2, 3, Super Mario 1, 2, 3, Ice Climber, Wrecking Crew, Lode Runner, Megaman, Rockman
SNES: Zelda a link to the past, Super mario all-stars, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Super bomberman 4 and 5, Earthbound,
Speccy: Skooldaze, Back2Skool, Wheelie, Tir na Nog, Dun Darach, Marsport, 3D Ant Attack, Sabre Wulf, Atic Atak, Knight Lore, Alien8, Head over Heels, ManicMiner, Target Renegade, Barbarian, Way of the Exploding FIst, Doomdark's revenge
C64: Microprose Pro Soccer
ScummVM: Lucasarts adventures mostly

What would you rate as your top 2 or 3 games on an emulator?

oldhat

Expert Member
MAME: Xain'd Sleena, Pleiads, Speed Race
C64: Turrican II, Stunt Car Racer, Bandits

Have not had any time to play them recently though...

HerZeLeiD

I use RetroArch on my PC with the complete collections of NES, SNES, MASTER SYSTEM, MEGADRIVE (aka GENESIS) and N64. With a personal PS1 collection of my favorites such as Metal Gear Solid, Medal of Honor, Sled Storm etc (great games but mostly for nostalgia at this point). I run the PS1 games using Vulkan at x8 the native with a CRT shader to enhance the nostalgia even more. I got a seperate full MAME collection I haven't revisited for months due a HDD crash recently.

I often load up Battletoads on the Megadrive because I think it's the best version personally.

EDIT: I also think Contra on the NES is superior to the Arcade version by a significant margin. Something about the art style and animations just look way better to me.

Last edited:

Daruk

Honorary Master
I use RetroArch on my PC with the complete collections of NES, SNES, MASTER SYSTEM, MEGADRIVE (aka GENESIS) and N64. With a personal PS1 collection of my favorites such as Metal Gear Solid, Medal of Honor, Sled Storm etc (great games but mostly for nostalgia at this point). I run the PS1 games using Vulkan at x8 the native with a CRT shader to enhance the nostalgia even more. I got a seperate full MAME collection I haven't revisited for months due a HDD crash recently.

I often load up Battletoads on the Megadrive because I think it's the best version personally.

EDIT: I also think Contra on the NES is superior to the Arcade version by a significant margin. Something about the art style and animations just look way better to me.
Yeah, true that on Contra. The NES version plays very smoothly.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I'm doing my own icons for the switch... this is what I have so far

1942.png1943.pngbubblebobble.pngdigdug.pngdouble dragon.pngfrogger.pnggalaga.pnggng.pngmatmania.pngpengo.png

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Hi Guys

Whats an easy to use/setup app/tool that i can use for 2 player emulation on my Litbox?

The wife and i need to keep busy during lockdown

retroarch? or is there anything better?

Daruk

Honorary Master
Hi Guys

Whats an easy to use/setup app/tool that i can use for 2 player emulation on my Litbox?

Is litbox Android based?

cerebus

Honorary Master
I play quite a lot of emulators but mainly newer Nintendo systems like 3DS (Citra), Wii U (Cemu), Switch (Yuzu), Gamecube/Wii (Dolphin). I love playing them in higher resolutions, with texture packs, better frames, etc. Currently playing through Twilight Princess HD on Cemu and Metroid: Samus Returns on Citra.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I play quite a lot of emulators but mainly newer Nintendo systems like 3DS (Citra), Wii U (Cemu), Switch (Yuzu), Gamecube/Wii (Dolphin). I love playing them in higher resolutions, with texture packs, better frames, etc. Currently playing through Twilight Princess HD on Cemu and Metroid: Samus Returns on Citra.
What hardware are you running?

Daruk

Honorary Master
It's all on my gaming laptop. 1060 6gb GPU etc. It's more than fast enough to play emulated games.
Some emulators are just better than others and some systems lend themselves to emulation.
I'm keen to see how PS2 is emulated on your kit. I tried it with GT4 once... Crazy slow lol.

Ecco

Executive Member
Hi Guys

From what i read retroarch. I use Classicboy on my phone though.

Whatever you use, let us know what controllers you used and if you were able to pair two of them to the box.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Some emulators are just better than others and some systems lend themselves to emulation.
I'm keen to see how PS2 is emulated on your kit. I tried it with GT4 once... Crazy slow lol.
Yeah that's why I like to play Nintendo games. I find they are far better optimised for emulation. Sony tends to have this insane architecture that's impossible to emulate. Switch is basically just a well-known Nvidia X1 chip, so quite new games like Zelda: Link's Awakening are very playable.