What's stopping me...

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
It will most certainly not work. The reason being that all antennae are designed specifically for certain frequency bands. Your Mnet antenna is designed for the UHF band of a few hundred megahertz. Wifi, on the other hand, uses 2.4Ghz and therefore a very small, short antenna. Try using a fork or spoon attached to some ripcord. Knives don't work as the serated edge bounces wifi signals. Sorry, such are the laws of physics. You can buy wifi booster antenna's which will work for you...

ajax

Executive Member
I assume you mean a grid antenna for terrestrial television. Their frequency only goes up to about 800 MHz. Wifi's frequency is 2.4 GHz (new standards for Wifi are even higher). The antenna won't be sensitive enough at 2.4 GHz. It does not mean that all of the signal will be blocked, give it a shot if you are keen, but I won't get my hopes up.

alchamy

Expert Member
You can however rip the LNB off a DSTV dish, stick a good ol baked beans can there and you have yourself a functional antenna, should push out about 22DBi

Compl33t

Rip it off...and sell it to some gullible idiot :D

But on a more serious note, yeah, I've seen those antennas, they're directional though, aren't they?