Whats the DA doing in Knysna?

BobsLawnService

Expert Member
All politicians are lying scum and the DA are no different. If they had the majorty vote like the ANC does they would be doing the same stuff.

yebocan

Honorary Master
All politicians are lying scum and the DA are no different. If they had the majorty vote like the ANC does they would be doing the same stuff.

We do not have patriots....Career politicians, all across the board. Always amazes me the expenditure on "crap" that could have waited....guess that ego has to be stroked, renovated on a regular basis!

akescpt

Honorary Master
R481,656.00?

seriously?

you missed this then:

Despite the fact that their original budget of R3 778 000 had been increased to a whopping R5 214 000, they still went over the new budget by 9%.

they stand on the soap box wagging their finger at the government but are proving no different. since when does the amount matter? those salaries are disgusting. for years you hear anc this and the anc that. then you read something like this. doesn't sit well.

DreamKing

Honorary Master

sure, so what is your plan?

let's us change "republic of south africa" to be "the kingdom of zuma"? is that better for you?

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
I live in Midvaal and can say with all certainty - It doesn't matter who is in charge - they are bureaucratic nightmares of majestic incompetence.

Hectic

Executive Member
Poor form DA, poor form.
I really expected better.
:mad:

shogun

Expert Member
I'm hoping that the national DA come down hard here... people need to get fired and charged, and the money recovered.

BobsLawnService

Expert Member

let's us change "republic of south africa" to be "the kingdom of zuma"? is that better for you?

You sound exactly like an ANC supporter justifying his vote.

The DA are getting complacent because they know they will get votes just because they aren't the ANC.

Next time vote for a different party like I did to demonstrate that you hold them accountable.

shogun

Expert Member

Dude... i'm about as much of a DA supporter as you can get... but heads need to role here and they need to know that this is NOT ok.

It's not a case of "we have to vote either ANC or DA". It's a case of kicking ***** politicians out of the party, or kicking the party out. The DA carries my vote on condition they don't fck up like the ANC... and not a step further.

Dubes

Expert Member
I fear two things here....

1. The source is MyNews24, which is user generated content, and a blog. If the details are true then let's hope for some more concrete evidence and detail.

2. There was clearly a budget allocated to this. They just happened to go over budget. I'd be interested in confirmation that the entire R5.2 million budget was on furniture as insinuated above.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I wasn't aware of this. Don't think I have seen it on the forum before. It appears that the DA is not immune to this kind of thing. To think that one of their their taglines was 'AUSTERITY'.
http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Knysna-DA-Overspends-Big-Time-on-Furniture-20140812
http://www.knysnakeep.org/over-r1million-salaries-for-knysna-municipal-staff-part-2/

Do you know this Mike Hampton guy? I see both of your articles are written by him and a google search seems to show that he writes a lot of other stuff highly critical of the DA.
Do you have any more objective sources?

shogun

Expert Member
I fear two things here....

1. The source is MyNews24, which is user generated content, and a blog. If the details are true then let's hope for some more concrete evidence and detail.

2. There was clearly a budget allocated to this. They just happened to go over budget. I'd be interested in confirmation that the entire R5.2 million budget was on furniture as insinuated above.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a DA follow up shortly with an explanation / breakdown.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
We don;t need any politicians, all liars, in it for their own pockets, what we need is a beloved Supreme Leader!

/ Moose has a scrubs moment, see's himself with a crown on his head and a supermooze cape!

Galactica

Expert Member
they stand on the soap box wagging their finger at the government but are proving no different. since when does the amount matter? those salaries are disgusting. for years you hear anc this and the anc that. then you read something like this. doesn't sit well.
Their corruption figures are only less because they have access to less state funds.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Do you know this Mike Hampton guy? I see both of your articles are written by him and a google search seems to show that he writes a lot of other stuff highly critical of the DA.
Do you have any more objective sources?

not sure. I was disturbed by the figures. if its public record then why would he doctor it?

I'm pretty sure we'll get a DA follow up shortly with an explanation / breakdown.

ill be twittering aunty Helen. she needs to clear this up.