Votes: 112 84.8%
  • Other

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don't game

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

John_Phoenix

Expert Member
Depends on the game, but mostly digital.

But for a game like Starcraft or Witcher, physical copies all the way.

BT games + PSN + Steam + GoG

netstrider

Expert Member
Can't remember the last physical copy of a game I bought. Might have been Half-Life 2.

GreatWmR

Digital = Steam, PSN and Humble Bundle
Physical - Koodoo, Takealot and Raru

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
Switch, XBO and a PS4, and I generally only buy physical if there's a CE I want otherwise all digital. Preplayed in stores for PS4 1st party titles for the few I'm interested in is pretty nifty.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Laptops don't even come with a DVD drive anymore. I have an external drive but even my old blizzard games I converted to DL version a while back via their website. Some of my old favorites that I had on disc like Civ IV I actually bought a digital version too on sales just for the convenience of not having to use the disc anymore. I never plan on buying physical again although I enjoyed getting the boxes back in the day as a kid. Issue I had is I lost a disc or two that got scratched or broken and it was a big issue. Steam/GOG is just so much more convenient and the digital library aspect is just amazing. It is just superior now that internet is no longer a major concern for me. I did resist Steam etc for a while before I got an uncapped internet account a few years back but now that that blocker is removed it is clearly the superior solution.
I used the key on the box and just added it to Steam, bam digital.

kessyjr

Downloading is the most efficient way to me. I hate the fact that most the physical media are outdated. You have yo update the game immediately after installing.

themba990

Expert Member
For PS4 I used to get the odd physical copy, especially for AAA titles and exclusives to help when I eventually sold the console.

stefan9

Executive Member
Steam & GOG, origin before steam got ea games. Will not use the local stores due to poor service levels. I haven't bought anygame from a physical store in 7 years.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Steam, or Epic if they have a really good sale on.

It's better to pirate than use CD keys or G2A.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
For PC games, I buy from Steam, Origin, Epic and the like. The last physical PC game I bought was Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls.

I still pick up physical console games on the 2nd hand market.

[XC] Oj101

Dealer
Occasionally I buy a new game (physical), but most of the time it’s either from a retro gaming WhatsApp group, pawn shops, Bid or Buy, eBay, Carbonite, etc.