Where do you recommend getting a Good quality PC Chair from?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Budget?

Good chairs aren't cheap. Most will recommend something from Herman Miller like this: https://www.alloffice.co.za/product...1qXlO4aFdoPGLqzklZPm4kSCledYU6Z8aAlhrEALw_wcB

I've been using a gaming chair (a DX Racer, can't remember the model) for the past few years and I've actually been quite happy with it although the PU leather on the lumbar support cushion has started coming off (although the finish on the chair is still perfect).

I would recommend you try and test drive a chair before committing to buying it.

DO NOT buy no name chairs from Game, Makro - they'll last you a few months and you'll have wasted your money.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Budget?

Good chairs aren't cheap. Most will recommend something from Herman Miller like this: https://www.alloffice.co.za/product...1qXlO4aFdoPGLqzklZPm4kSCledYU6Z8aAlhrEALw_wcB

I've been using a gaming chair (a DX Racer, can't remember the model) for the past few years and I've actually been quite happy with it although the PU leather on the lumbar support cushion has started coming off (although the finish on the chair is still perfect).

I would recommend you try and test drive a chair before committing to buying it.

DO NOT buy no name chairs from Game, Makro - they'll last you a few months and you'll have wasted your money.
Yeah as you alluded to avoid the PU leather wherever possible which is what you get at those no name brand options usually.

Herman Miller is awesome if you can afford it, a bit less pricey and good is Ergotherapy.

I suspect OP wants the super RGB "gamer" treatment though.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Unrelated but pet peeve I can't let go.

I cannot stand a company that has a website and doesn't put pricing on it. I would go so far as to actively avoid using them if possible rather than use their "Enquiry" nonsense.
They are more focused on selling to businesses and not general public. But I bought my chair from them and it was very reasonably price and very good quality.

stefan9

Executive Member
If you want a gaming chair checkout titan ice,rebeltech or wootware. All have different brands.

If you aren't interested in the rgb,ect just get a good quality office chair. They are better quality.

Arex

I disagree, I've had mine for over a year and its still perfectly fine, while its probably not as good as the DX Racer etc Chairs, they are what they are for their price.

I did opt to spend more money on my PC than worry about the chair but that's me.

NickDiablo

I'm more interested in the back support and posture and comfort level than anything else - I don't care for RGB - I assume that's lights right?

NickDiablo

Budget?

Thanks, how does one test drive a chair before buying?

So, I'd say my budget is R3k but if a R1k difference could be a better investment I'd say R4k and I'm only interested in the back support and comfort and posture aspects