• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Where is Koo butterbean salad..???!!!

Arzy

Honorary Master
Also noticed it was missing from shelves. Safari has a similar product but it isn't as tasty.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Haha! Funny to see this post here. The English HO also asked about this product recently. The one in the glass jar?

It has been unabailable from the supplier for a few months now. I will contact the buyer on monday to find out exactly why it is not available. Sometimes they are busy with a packaging change....

Arzy

Honorary Master
Haha! Funny to see this post here. The English HO also asked about this product recently. The one in the glass jar?

It has been unabailable from the supplier for a few months now. I will contact the buyer on monday to find out exactly why it is not available. Sometimes they are busy with a packaging change....
Sort them out for us Mr.Moose, this is completely unacceptable!

WAslayer

Expert Member
Yes, it's the one in the jar.. Exactly like the pics in the URL I linked..

It would be great if you are able to get some more information, so we can have some closure on this..

Mortymoose

Honorary Master

Should we or your missus consider this forgotten..?
I emailed the buyer on Monday morning, he has a bad habit of only replying in a few days, but now that you have reminded me, I shall call him on the electronic telephone 2morrow...

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I also noticed this a few months ago. Used to be my go-to item when having a braai. Haven't found a proper replacement either. :(

WAslayer

Expert Member
Never knew it existed, also can't you just make your own?
If you have the recipe for the sweet sour sauce that koo uses, I am sure you could, but it still wouldn't be the same..

That raises another thing, while I haven't specifically looked for it, I don't recall seeing the canned butter beans they also offered..

Batista

Executive Member
I never ate it because it doesnt look appealing.What would you normally eat this with?

WAslayer

Expert Member
I never ate it because it doesnt look appealing.What would you normally eat this with?
It's too good to need an excuse to eat it with anything.. I usually had it as a snack on its own, but works well with a braai as well..

Arzy

Honorary Master
I tried the safari one and it just isn't the same, the taste is sort of there but they use less of the sauce :(