• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Where is Koo butterbean salad..???!!!

theratman

Executive Member
Sousboontjies! They stopped stocking them and no longer supply them. The quality also went down rapidly and I had to put my own butter beans in the glass with the sauce to beef it up. I looked at all major retailers and online and found nothing. Spoke to the owner of a pick n pay who followed up with koo and they said they no longer supply / make it. A real shame as this was a braai staple.

It's the sauce that was so good, there is the Werda 3 bean salad etc but it's not a replacement.

Mortymoose

Executive Member
Just spoke to the buyer, reckons as far a he knows they just ran out of stock and was not sure if it was a discontinued line..... suggested the WERDA as a replacement....

theratman

Executive Member
Just spoke to the buyer, reckons as far a he knows they just ran out of stock and was not sure if it was a discontinued line..... suggested the WERDA as a replacement....
Werda is nothing like it unfortunately :( if I could get my paws on the sauce then I'd happily put Werda beans in.

theratman

Executive Member
A mate picked up these at the CY market in Cape Town, I tried it over the weekend and it's very similar to Sousboontjies. Hopefully I can get my hands on a jar. It was around R55 iirc. IMG_20180923_160039.jpeg