Which handgun do you recommend for EDC?

What do i need to have stated on the written references? Basically just a trimmed down version of the printed ones?
I guess so ? I thumbsucked a couple of character statements and get my buddies to sign it with their details.
 
Agree here. Makes a big difference to your general of comfort in your daily life, as carrying an EDC is not inherently comfortable and required some adjustments to my clothing etc. Not the biggest guy and carry a G19, but sticking to these 3.

Daniel's Supertuck for non-WML, run with the Daniels mag carrier. Rattler 2.0 with side Mag carrier for WML,
and Shinobi Wakazashi 2.0, also run with the Daniels mag carrier.
View attachment 1310218
Interesting! What does WML stand for? Haven't come across that yet.
 
Whats your opinion on the Rattler vs the Daniels Supertuck?

Not sure I can compare them. Depends on the application. One thing I do find is that the linked rig of the Rattler is more comfortable for me than running the Supertuck with the separate mag carrier. Think its something to do with the way the mag sits canted on the Rattler.
 
Just came back from the Firearm license dept. Wanted to hand in my renewals.
Nopes. Now you have to phone and make an appointment. So next week Thursday it is.

Just to vent. Bloody woman. Just woman working there. Barks orders. Go stand at the door. Waits a couple of seconds. OK, come in ! Fck.
I heard rumours around town that the DFO was leaving...so I quickly put in my second application this year...
It was approved so I thought I would go and let the DFO know and say hello....He is long gone now...Been to the station 3 x recently to see who I need to deal with in future...Still no-one there....
 
I guess so ? I thumbsucked a couple of character statements and get my buddies to sign it with their details.
I had to get my mates to wait at the police station to do the character statements...
DFO would not take their written ones....
 
I had to get my mates to wait at the police station to do the character statements...
DFO would not take their written ones....
Same. It seems it depends on the DFO.

I went and my witness papers were handed back to me. That was it.
2 weeks later, same DFO asks my father to bring his witnesses.
 
Same. It seems it depends on the DFO.

I went and my witness papers were handed back to me. That was it.
2 weeks later, same DFO asks my father to bring his witnesses.
And yet my safe was never checked on either of my applications...

Seems to be luck of the draw as to how the process goes for an applicant...
 
Never had a safe inspection done ever.. Just with my last app they wanted pictures of my safe with the door open and closed..
 
Never had a safe inspection done ever.. Just with my last app they wanted pictures of my safe with the door open and closed..
Same here.

My character statements, which I got from friends thinking that family wasn't allowed, were also given back to me and I was given a form that had to be filled out by family, go figure.
Seems like it is very dependant on the DFO.
 
I'm happy to report I'm sitting outside my local SAPS, armed with 1x competency certificate (just a piece of paper the DFO printed out on the spot and stamped for me). Turns out Thursday at 12:30 is a great time to go do this, there was noone else in the queue rofl. I can't believe it took eight months to get one little piece of paper, and now I still need to get the licence application in.
 
I'm happy to report I'm sitting outside my local SAPS, armed with 1x competency certificate (just a piece of paper the DFO printed out on the spot and stamped for me). Turns out Thursday at 12:30 is a great time to go do this, there was noone else in the queue rofl. I can't believe it took eight months to get one little piece of paper, and now I still need to get the licence application in.
Congratulations. The waiting period is ridiculous but at least the first half is over
 
It's part of the test. To see if you really are the calm, patient Zen master with no temper that your character references claim.
Lol I defenitly failed that test. I made an appointment at my local firearm office to hand in my firearm application. I was there on time and the dfo was not there. They payment system was also offline.

I stripped my moer and filed a SAPS101 complaint. Next day the dfo, including everyone in the finance department got **** on by their superiors.

2 days after complaint the dfo calls me to come in to hand in my application. He asks me why I filed a complaint. I look him straight in the eyes and told him I had to drive 110km to hand it in (home town where the firearm will be registered) and he could just have let me know ge was not there. I took time out of my busy schedule and drove an hour to be on time for the appointment.

He apologised. Later the day 2 Officers came to my house to get a statement and I withdrew the complaint after receiving excellent service from the dfo.

They gave me kak, so I gave them a little kak.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X