Which headphones?

Akasha

Executive Member

tcofran

Expert Member
I'm looking for wireless bluetooth headphones to use with the tv. I'm currently using something like this - https://www.takealot.com/xiaomi-mi-true-wireless-earbuds-basic-2/PLID72017313
But I'm looking for something over-ear that I can also use by my pc possibly.
My current pc headphones is https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categ...adset-with-7-1-Surround-Sound/p/CA-9011203-NA but the stupid wire is broken so every time I move my head, it disconnects.

What do you guys suggest?
budget ?

JibbersCrabst

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN

Proper over the ear, not that nonsense where the cushion sits on your ears. And I got big ears and a big head. I love mine, but they are a bit bulky and wired only.

The_H0ff

Got a pair of JBL T500T from my job about 2 years ago - work really well for TV and i use them with my laptop as well. Only con is you can't use the mic function with teams so i set the speakers to bluetooth headphones and the mic to standard built-in mike. Can't go wrong IMHO ..

Akasha

Executive Member
Why don't you replace the usb cable?
Seems like this is the best option for now until i buy a new pair. Any idea where to do this? I asked Matrix and they said they don't do it

schuits

Expert Member
With bluetooth how long do batteries last? Do they have a charging stand or do you replace batteries? Just wondering.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Thanks, those don't look extremely comfortable?

Have the "bigger" version of those, the BT 430's not as comfortable as I would like, but battery life is very good, and so is the sound. At the height of summer, they can make my ears feel rather hot.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
I have the Sony WH-1000XM3 wireless headphones. Been wearing it everyday, almost all day for the past year and a half. Super comfy, never had more comfortable headphones. Noise cancelling great as well, keeps everything out, except my sausage dog's occasional bark (but it's a good thing, cause usually that means I need to go make sure everything is fine and locked properly, cause Africa innit.)

I recently bought my dad the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC700BT for Father's day and he's super happy with it.
I tried it on myself a few weeks ago for about an hour and for comparison:

Sound is pretty much on par with my Sony's,
Sony headphones is probably a touch more comfortable, but I'll still be able to wear it for hours. (but this is bias, cause I'm more used to my Sony headphones)

Sony wins noise cancelling. I could still hear (although vaguely) the neighbours lawnmower with AT.
AT is a lot lighter on your head (which might be a good thing), but at the same time I think build quality is more 'plastic' (which might not be a good thing).
Battery life is good with both.
Both comes with Aux cable as well, so can plug it into any device, or just use bluetooth.
They are both Japanese, so it should be durable and last a long time.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the budget that OP wrote...
But seriously, if you can save up a little and go over that budget even by just 1k, you'll have much more, better quality options for over-ear headphones. It's a lesson I've learnt with way too many cheap crappy headphones I've bought in the past.

Last edited: