• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Which is the easiest programming language for beginners?

jouda

Expert Member
I think scratch is an awesome start for kids. Teach them how to think code. I am trying to get my old man (62) to play around in scratch and learn something new just for fun. Much better than friggin solitaire.

Magandroid

Expert Member
I recently registered my kid for the Edro courses where they teach the kids to program in C. Apparently C is a good starting for point as you can get an understanding of how computers work. From thereit's easier to branch out to other languages like C++, java, etc. On the other hand apparently Python is the easiest to learn.

noxibox

Honorary Master
C is easy to learn.

I think C is a good first language because it is fairly close to the metal. Python is good for enforcing neat code, so it makes a good second language.

etienne_marais

Executive Member
I agree that C is a good foundational language (depending on goals, C# or Java may actually be adequate for some), but it is by far not the easiest. Basic may be.

Cius

Expert Member
Turbo pascal was a great learner language. If you need something more modern Python for sure. Some awesome online courses, tutorials, even a learn python inside a game type format thing that I have seen. I plan on starting my kids on the game one once they turn 11 or 12.