Which is your preferred ISP for Octotel?

Ghost02

Expert Member
Hi All,

I'm moving at the end of the month and will be moving to an area with Octotel. I am currently using Afrihost on Openserve and the quality has been decent.

I see that their pricing isn't as competitive on Octotel so I just wanted to see what everyone here is using. I don't mind paying the extra, I just want to make sure it's the right option.

Previously I was with Cool Ideas and unless their customer service has improved I would prefer not to consider them again. When I moved the last time the lack of urgency to get me connected caused way to much stress in my life. Ended up having to go with a different provider that connected me in a day after waiting weeks for Cool Ideas. If they take that long to try connect me I don't want to know how long it would take to fix issues I have. I know they have forum reps but I don't want to have to spam a forum rep every day until my issue is sorted.

TLDR: I'm scared of Cool Ideas, will consider Afrihost again even with higher pricing if there is nothing better but I want to hear what you guys think.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I am always here as an escalation point if you are nervous of signing up with us.

Mr G

Currently using WA as my ISP on octotel. Paying R630pm for 10/5Mbps, and to be honest I haven't had any issues at all. Would probably have gone for a cheaper ISP but because I already had my LTE with WA, it was an easy process to stick with them for fibre as well.
Speeds are very consistent, all my speedtests are between 8-12Mbps, so happy with performance so far over the last year more or less.

ThatGuy_ZA

Which area are you in? It sounds like Octotel have had significant issues in the city bowl; Blouberg and the Southern Suburbs (hey, basically the whole of CT).

I'm in Kenilworth with Cool Ideas on Octotel and I'm happy with them.

Al P

I'm using Adept 20/5, very good price and service, plus no issues.

Ghost02

Expert Member
Which area are you in? It sounds like Octotel have had significant issues in the city bowl; Blouberg and the Southern Suburbs (hey, basically the whole of CT).

I'm in Kenilworth with Cool Ideas on Octotel and I'm happy with them.

I'll be in Vredehoek, I'm not excited to be moving to Octotel lol

Ghost02

Expert Member
Thanks for the responses everyone, I'll look into the ISPs listed here!

absynth

Expert Member
Using Vox on Octotel 100Mbps with zero issues since Fibre lit up in the area.Vredehoek

Stewie

Have a look at Atomic Access.
Southern suburbs CT.
No issues with them. Love their Telegram support.
100mbps line.
PM if you need reference
Might make use of their free migration special. Let me know if you have a referral code you'd like me to use.

newby_investor

Expert Member
Might make use of their free migration special. Let me know if you have a referral code you'd like me to use.
With Atomic you just need to give them the name of the person who referred you, and you both get a discount.

PM me if you do want. I find their service to be great. Only disappointments so far have been with Octotel themselves, and there's not much that can be done about that.

Even so, miles better experience than either Telkom ADSL or Rain LTE.