Votes: 20 11.1%
  • Webafrica

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 33.9%

• Total voters

Miresh

Rain
Unusable during the day for the last week.
Speeds under 1Mbps.
at 2am you can get DL=3Mbps, UL=10Mbps

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Surprised to see so few Afrihost votes considering that they're supposed to be the largest ISP in the country. They certainly have more subscribers than (the excellent) Cool Ideas who are currently leading them in the poll.

I'm with Afrihost atm. Superb service since joining them at the inception of their Pure Fibre products, apart from the two cable break sagas which weren't a big deal with the help of a VPN.

EliteHost
How does a web host cover you as an ISP?

Dan C

Honorary Master
Surprised to see so few Afrihost votes considering that they're supposed to be the largest ISP in the country. They certainly have more subscribers than (the excellent) Cool Ideas who are currently leading them in the poll.

I'm with Afrihost atm. Superb service since joining them at the inception of their Pure Fibre products, apart from the two cable break sagas which weren't a big deal with the help of a VPN.

Web hosting company = ISP. Not so ?

ShaneE

Level 7 - Honestly they've been perfect. 200/20 line, only "issue" is that they're still waiting for Vumatel to upgrade me to 1000/100

junni

Vumatel/Telkom - Worst combination ever. Had an ADSL with Telkom and it was easier cancelling the ADSL and go with Telkom. Worst mistake I could have done.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Web hosting company = ISP. Not so ?
I don't think so. Creates unnecessary confusion. An Internet Service Provider should be in the business of providing internet access. Web host is a much clearer term.

Also, Elitehost is a name I haven't heard in years. Looks like their website and their pricing hasn't changed at all since I last checked them out. I wonder how they're doing these days.

Dersalsites

Sorry, my bad. Daydreaming. I'm with Airband.

I use Web Africa but their support is terrible. It's fine when it's working well but if you have a problem, forget getting help.

pedruid

Expert Member
Afrihost 200 GB capped with Telkom 10 Mbps ADSL.live iN a i retirement village and HO won’t allow fibre into the village