Which ISP on Vumatel infrastructure

neilronaldson

So after taking a 2 year wireless contact with screamer telecoms in may 2018....Vumatel have arrived and busy laying fibre - they just arrived out the blue - FANTASTIC!!!!!

However, they have a list of ISP's and we cant use screamer as they dont have a contract with vumatel. They have a list of about 20 isp's....

Who do i choose - this is my choice i would take personally - (i dont want telkom) If there is a problem i want to speak to someone on the phone with a proper support system

Mweb - 10down 2 up R580 month to month
Cool ideas
Vox
RSAWeb

Who would you go with? I unfortunately will need to go with the cheaper option as im still paying screamer till may 2019.....So R525 plus the fibre until we can move over to fibre permanently, need to try keep it as low as possible for now.

Here is the list

https://shop.vumatel.co.za/packages/all

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Vumatel is in my area and I went with Macrolan

Absolutely excellent service. Their support rocks!

10 down 2 up I'm paying R559. Didn't pay a cent for installation and all that nonsense. Router included.

Only thing is if you cancel they get the router back. That's fine by me. But really these okes are awesome.

www.macrolan.co.za

P.S. Be advised they charge pro-rata PLUS one month in advance on your first bill.

Last edited:

neilronaldson

Vumatel is in my area and I went with Macrolan

Absolutely excellent service. Their support rocks!

10 down 2 up I'm paying R559. Didn't pay a cent for installation and all that nonsense. Router included.

Only thing is if you cancel they get the router back. That's fine by me. But really these okes are awesome.

www.macrolan.co.za

P.S. Be advised they charge pro-rate PLUS one month in advance on your first bill.
Cool thanks!

Nithan15

Expert Member
Realised VOX sucks.....................ONT installed over a week ago and they still running around in circles.

neilronaldson

Hence i'm trying to stay away from BIG corporations with regards to residential fibre....like telkom, afrihost etc
I thought vox was good....maybe not

I'm with Vox on Vumatel and have had no technical problems with them whatsoever.
After the Vuma cluelessness, I was so relieved to talk to alert and knowledgeable agents at Vox.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
2 Months ago and I think this thread would've been filled with recommendations for Cool Ideas.
Barring the time it took to get my problem sorted, the lack of communication and follow-up, the lack of escalation and finally forgetting about me with my call three times...

When the system works its awesome. When it doesn't well, you get the above.

brentm

Cannot at all recommend the smaller cats. Everyone jumps on them while they are cheap, but they simply do not have the network capacity to get you decent speeds at peak times, and become congested very very easily.
This is why the bigger cats like Cool ISP, VOX or Afrihost would be my go to, but watch out for contracts and other crap.

8BitLife

Cannot at all recommend the smaller cats. Everyone jumps on them while they are cheap, but they simply do not have the network capacity to get you decent speeds at peak times, and become congested very very easily.
This is why the bigger cats like Cool ISP, VOX or Afrihost would be my go to, but watch out for contracts and other crap.
Don't agree there. Afrihost is useless. Not just in my experience. Everyone I personally know who have had to deal with them had nothing but bad things to say. I will NEVER recommend Afrihost to anyone. Cool Ideas gets great reviews but are expensive as hell. Dunno much about Vox.

Am with MacroLan. They are cheaper than the big guys, much better customer sevice, and no connectivity/speed issues.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Don't agree there. Afrihost is useless. Not just in my experience. Everyone I personally know who have had to deal with them had nothing but bad things to say. I will NEVER recommend Afrihost to anyone. Cool Ideas gets great reviews but are expensive as hell. Dunno much about Vox.

Am with MacroLan. They are cheaper than the big guys, much better customer sevice, and no connectivity/speed issues.
Huh how are we expensive as hell?