Which ISP on Vumatel infrastructure

8BitLife

No offence, but compared to other ISPs you are expensive. For a 10/2 connection, you guys do not even show up on the first page on the Vumatel shop with your pricing. Then I have to pay the R1750 installation fee whereas with MacroLan, they cover that fee for me. Almost R100/m more expensive plus R1750 and it adds up....

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
No offence, but compared to other ISPs you are expensive. For a 10/2 connection, you guys do not even show up on the first page on the Vumatel shop with your pricing. Then I have to pay the R1750 installation fee whereas with MacroLan, they cover that fee for me. Almost R100/m more expensive plus R1750 and it adds up....
On a 10Mbps service we are slightly more expensive and on other packages cheaper. If we covered installation fees we would need to implement contracts or clawbacks which we don't want to do.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Have you considered Vanilla?

I'm with them and have never had any issues. These guys jump through hoops for you.

My ONT was installed at around 16:00 by Vumatel. At around 17:00, some laaitie looking like he's in standard 7 came to test the line. At 17:45 I called Vanilla. By 18:00 I was online.

m.zakariyya.g

Have you considered Vanilla?

I'm with them and have never had any issues. These guys jump through hoops for you.

My ONT was installed at around 16:00 by Vumatel. At around 17:00, some laaitie looking like he's in standard 7 came to test the line. At 17:45 I called Vanilla. By 18:00 I was online.
Lol this made me laugh.

Installation is occuring tomorrow, and the Vox way of doing things where their own technician comes with the router and installs and sets it up router can take days or even weeks. Hoping I can somehow be online tomorrow as I'm using my router and don't need theirs.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
Lol this made me laugh.

Installation is occuring tomorrow, and the Vox way of doing things where their own technician comes with the router and installs and sets it up router can take days or even weeks. Hoping I can somehow be online tomorrow as I'm using my router and don't need theirs.
Just tell them you don't want a router and you don't want a site inspection. Tell them you will call them once Vuma gave you the OB number. They need that to activate it on their side.

m.zakariyya.g

Just tell them you don't want a router and you don't want a site inspection. Tell them you will call them once Vuma gave you the OB number. They need that to activate it on their side.
I spoke to a guy at Vox today - he said they'd still get a technician out to bring me the router. Suppose that's useful, in case my one ever broke (perhaps I should ask that if I didn't take the router, would they be willing to give my account a credit?)

He also said that I should call him to give the OB number once its done, but that it's still a bit of a process before the internet is activated. He didn't seem too enthusiastic when I asked if I'd be able to be connected by tomorrow :(

8BitLife

On a 10Mbps service we are slightly more expensive and on other packages cheaper. If we covered installation fees we would need to implement contracts or clawbacks which we don't want to do.
Ok, my apologies. Quite a bit more expensive on 10/2 connection only. But, MacroLan covers that R1750 fee without contract or clawback? On a month-to-month with them and have it in writing that there is no clawback period.