Which mobile provider do you use?

Which mobile provider do you use for your smartphone?

• Vodacom

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • MTN

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Cell C

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Telkom

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Rain

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Which mobile provider do you use for your smartphone? Why did you select this provider?

Dan C

Honorary Master
MTN. Can't remember why I selected them, it was probably 25 years ago.

DanDango

Executive Member
Telkom, back when 8ta was launched the 2gb bundle price was good value.

MirageF1

Expert Member
Once again, an incomplete questionnaire.

A sim can be used for data only (Rain), or data and/or voice like in the rest of the national SP's.

I have Rain and VC in my case, and I'm sure there are many others with more than 1 SP.

DiabloDane

MTN, since day 1 of having a cell, think it was the only company that would give me a contract, i was a broke 18 year old at my first job

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
MTN but I have all my sim's registered with Afrihost for data and to buy airtime.

richjdavies

Cell C - because of the Red Bull Internet Starter Pack - which gave 100mb/month for 12 months (just assumed it would be renewable... it' wasn't ...) and yet... I still haven't ported :(

(Telkom and Vodacom both have these kind of packages now...)

wbot

Vodacom. Been with them ever since i got my first phone in high school so it wasn't by choice.

Sarg3_ZN

Got my first phone, Nokia 6110, with the sim card some 20 years ago, my dad upgraded his contract and I got the old phone.

Best phone ever!

Edit. Got it with a Vodacom sim

argh

Cell C. It provided the products I needed to replace my Telkom landline and ADSL line, with the least effort, cost and disruption to me at the time of the changeover. Cell C was the only mobile operator offering these:
  1. Cheapest prepaid calling rate, 66c/minute with per second charges, airtime doesn't expire as long as you make 1 call every 3 months.
  2. Prepaid data that lasts 365 days, cheapest per Gb cost in this product range is currently R10/Gb.
  3. Cheapest prepaid calling bundle for Anynet calls (calls to any numbers in South Africa, emergency & toll-free numbers are free, one of the several Anynet calling plans is R200/30 days/15 hours).

gfmalan

Expert Member
MTN, 25 years back,

My boss then were with MTN, and we went to the main Morningside office for some question he had, and there and then decided I want in, and took a contract.

Never looked baxk! MTN really treated me well over the years.

Joseph matane

Once again, an incomplete questionnaire.

A sim can be used for data only (Rain), or data and/or voice like in the rest of the national SP's.

I have Rain and VC in my case, and I'm sure there are many others with more than 1 SP.
I use Vodacom for voice calls and data services sometimes
I also have Telkom Sims for data services
I even have MTN but don't use it too much so you are right

swim

Expert Member
Vodacom

Over 25 years same number. Back then Vodacom had a better deal on a Nokia 2110.