Whisk(e)y Lovers thread

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Isn't it a legal issue? Children are not allowed to drink?
Eh?

Edit: Nevermind. I suppose you mean children watch game of thrones because you don’t like it. Mind you, I wouldn’t dream of watching Sabrina but each to their own.

Last edited:

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I haven't tried that as yet. My first visit to Bottega was when I won double tickets to their Springbank tasting. They lined up the different lines that comes from the distillery.

Drinking this tonight, very light on the nose for 50% Abv
I like the Laphroaig on the counter and the Teeling Small Batch in the tin in the back there. Good stuff...

Luben

Did you manage to try them out? How were they? Supposed to be getting mine this weekend as well
Yes I did, I didn't like it. However, it's meant to be frozen when you drink it and apparently that brings out the sweetness. I'll stick it in the freezer and try it again.

powermzii

Expert Member
Yes I did, I didn't like it. However, it's meant to be frozen when you drink it and apparently that brings out the sweetness. I'll stick it in the freezer and try it again.
oh ok - interesting.. now wondering if i should get it... never been a fan of JW anyways

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
No surprise there, then.

This JW gimmick, and ultimate pinnacle of commercial pandering, is an insult to Whisky on a global scale.

I'm sure the bottle may have some collector's value, but the contents are on par with flavored Vodka, frozen and consumed at a Hen Do....

And this is an attack on JW, not you personally of course.