Whisk(e)y Lovers thread

beans100

Honorary Master
Copied the idea from the "Brandly lovers thread"
I like Brandy like anybody else.

But I love Whiskey more. Nothing like a Glenmorangie on the rocks to ease the pains of the past week on a Friday evening.
Nothing beats a single Malt whiskey. Cheers.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
You are referring to whisky.

Whiskey is Irish. My favourite type of whisky.

Brands I like:
Tullamore Dew
Bushmills
The Wild Geese
Powers

I drink whiskey neat, no ice or water. If you want to enhance the flavour add three drops of water.

Last edited:

scudsucker

Expert Member

Brands I like:
Tullamore Dew
Bushmills
The Wild Geese
Powers

I drink whiskey neat, no ice or water. If you want to enhance the flavour add three drops of water.
You should try this local one, which to me is more Irish style.

beans100

Honorary Master

Brands I like:
Tullamore Dew
Bushmills
The Wild Geese
Powers

To me, Whiskey has always been Scotish. No matter the origins, I just love Scotish Whiskies.
I only treat myself once or twice a year to Glenmorangie. In between it's Bells or Black and White. With water ofcourse.

Keegan

Expert Member
Nothing gives you more aroma than the bushmills malt 'distillery reserve' 12 Year-old hmmm

DJ...

Banned
Oban. Best whisky in the world imo. Always a bottle in my house.

I once tasted a Saint Magdalene whiskey that blew my socks off in the taste and alcohol department - the stuff was insanely strong and oddly enough had the flavours to complement it. Was delicious but never available in this country and difficult to source...

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
The FNB Whiskey festival really pisses me off, it is never on a Saturday in Cape Town. Makes no sense.

Mr.Jax

Expert Member
Glenmorangie, best damn whiskey I've ever tasted. Bought my old man a bottle.....he kindly shared :D The bottle hit the half mark rather quickly. Damn that stuff is nice.

RiaX

Expert Member
I'm a johnny black and jameson guy :)

Recently I drank black and white with some friends, I must say that whiskey has gone up in taste. Not grand but better than before. Did they change something ?

What is chivas ?

FNfal

Executive Member
Johnny walker black thats my drink ;)
Member of striding man.

Last edited:

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Anyone tried this?

Jon, Mark & Robbos Smooth Sweeter One :

Tasting Notes:
Appearance: Light straw in the bottle, nice edge line on the glass when you swirl it, smooth layer of whiskey on swirling some legs to it. First Impression: Citrus, some floral notes, vanilla, a little light cinnamon going on. Taste: Light to medium weight mouth feel . Orange honey, dark fruits, toffee and a slightly tropical fruit noted with sweet finish at the end as well. Drinks: Works well on ice or with ginger ale (highball variation). Would be a little dangerous on a hot day, a little too easy-to-drink. Cigars: Mild cigar.
South African whisky

DJ...

Banned
Was Honey-Jack ever launched here properly? Tried it at an event last year but haven't seen it around. The women enjoyed it...