• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.

Who will fight for me

Defib

Expert Member
I have moved my line from Telkom to Axxess which hasn't done much other than give me a pretty dashboard with speeds on.

There is an obvious error on my line which was reported to Telkom almost 2mnths ago.

Axxess do not seem to give a hoot but take my money with no problem.

Can you suggest someone (ISP) who will take Telkom to task and escalate etc etc on my behalf like they advertise.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
My experience have been the opposite. Axxess pressured Telkom every time there was a problem. I just submitted a ticket with the Axxess and SAIX speedtests and that was that.

Defib

Expert Member
I have 5 open tickets with axxess. They said I must send test results using openserve test account which doesn't work. My issue is that I pay for a 4meg line and get 2.5meg why would my Speedtest event matter

x32

When I had an issue with my line, webafrica were fantastic, they logged a fault with Telkom and then followed up with me both before and after a Telkom technician attended.

FNfal

Executive Member
I have moved my line from Telkom to Axxess which hasn't done much other than give me a pretty dashboard with speeds on.

There is an obvious error on my line which was reported to Telkom almost 2mnths ago.

Axxess do not seem to give a hoot but take my money with no problem.

Can you suggest someone (ISP) who will take Telkom to task and escalate etc etc on my behalf like they advertise.
You had a problem with Telkom so you moved your line to Axxess ?

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
I have 5 open tickets with axxess. They said I must send test results using openserve test account which doesn't work. My issue is that I pay for a 4meg line and get 2.5meg why would my Speedtest event matter
You re getting very close to what you are paying for. 4meg line is combined up and down, so (and I am guessing here) 3.2m down and 0.8m up. Anycase, something like that. Openserve test account does work, I have used it. You might be using wrong username/password. It will tell you if it is an ISP problem or an Openserve problem. Without it they will not action anything. You have to provide the evidence.

beesboertjie

My issue is that I pay for a 4meg line and get 2.5meg
Hi Defib, my guess is that the length of your copper wire from the exchange is 3½ km. That’s why you’re getting 2,5 mbps on a 4 mbps line. Your downstream line attenuation is 48 dB. Please check your router’s WAN Line Status and tell me I’m wrong.

Please also check your speed with the Ookla speed test. Click here: http://www.speedtest.net/

Last edited:

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Hi Defib, my guess is that the length of your copper wire from the exchange is 3½ km. That’s why you’re getting 2,5 mbps on a 4 mbps line. Your downstream line attenuation is 48 dB. Please check your router’s WAN Line Status and tell me I’m wrong.

Please also check your speed with the Ookla speed test. Click here: http://www.speedtest.net/
48dB should still allow 4Mbps. At about the 4km mark when you hit 55dB Attenuation you will get below 4Mbps.
This site has one of the most accurate tables I've found, the speed test guide one where you enter values is not that great. http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/graph-ADSL-speed-versus-line-loss-distance

He's either at 6km, exposed line, line fault or 2Mbps with interleaved. That's why I'm asking for the line stats.