Wifi being wierd

Should we call the internet provider or should I try and fix it?

• I try and fix it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarkAssassin

Hello
Recently my Wi-Fi has been giving me a problem. I should have a 2mb/s connection to my house. Over the past week it seems to have dropped down to a max of 1mb/s to the speed test not even loading. The setup in the house is from the POE to the office router that is downstairs by the dish. It then runs via an Ethernet cable to the upstairs router and then that provides Wi-Fi to the house. Both the routers are the WRT54GL Linksys V1.1. When I take a speed test out of the POE I get 2.5mb/s but if I run the cable upstairs to the router there I get the weird speeds. It is not the routers because they both work fine downstairs.
Can anyone help. My dad just wants to call in the internet provider but I would prefer to cut down on the cost and try to fix it myself.
Thanks

jambai

Phone the isp ? Who is the isp as sounds like a sonic telecoms type setup .

DarkAssassin

It is bundnetx. I think it is what I am going to do after trying for 4 days to try and fix it myself but not working.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Hello
Recently my Wi-Fi has been giving me a problem. I should have a 2mb/s connection to my house. Over the past week it seems to have dropped down to a max of 1mb/s to the speed test not even loading. The setup in the house is from the POE to the office router that is downstairs by the dish. It then runs via an Ethernet cable to the upstairs router and then that provides Wi-Fi to the house. Both the routers are the WRT54GL Linksys V1.1. When I take a speed test out of the POE I get 2.5mb/s but if I run the cable upstairs to the router there I get the weird speeds. It is not the routers because they both work fine downstairs.
Can anyone help. My dad just wants to call in the internet provider but I would prefer to cut down on the cost and try to fix it myself.
Thanks
What is this POE you are talking about? (POE = Power over Ethernet)

irBosOtter

Expert Member
The POE is powered by a plug and there is a seperate power cable for the router.
Perhaps check with a wifi analyzer App if there are other wifi networks broadcasting on the same channel as the upstairs AP, if there is log into that one and change your channel and see if it works like before

DarkAssassin

There isn't any other Wi-Fi in my area so it isn't that and i did try change the frequency but it didn't help at all.