Wifi help

Obronie

Not all routers have that function built in. The best would be a cable but since he is not up to it the best option would be a repeater - about R400 - if you can get a decent signal somewhere inside your house with a plug nearby. There are other better options but then the cost is much higher.

Nees

Sad to say, but if I had finance I would have not asked, I would off just bought the range exrender so I am trying to see if I can use what I have, if it cannot be done then it is what it is.

Sad to say, but if I had finance I would have not asked, I would off just bought the range exrender so I am trying to see if I can use what I have, if it cannot be done then it is what it is.
The pocket modem you have may have the option to be used as a range extender. I have the E5577 and I've used it as a wifi extender before.

Log into the modem portal and there might be an option on the dashboard for wifi extender

Ok how do I configure that for the B315
All you need to do is log on to your router, go to the wifi settings, create an AP with the same name and password as the other network, but under channel (provided your neighbour has only one device on his network) change it to channel 6 - the trick here and this is why I asked the questions about the distance of the building walls, is that you need to link your router to his network by cable.

Nees

I did check my portable router doesn't have that function unfortunately, oh well I guess I am always unlucky with this and retrenched twice in 1 year, oh well it is what it is.