Wifi light switches

Dolby

Honorary Master
Keep in mind you'll require a neutral the wall for it to work. Most houses don't have - I was lucky enough to have though. I installed a Sonoff Basic behind my light switch and left the switch on. You can operate the switch manually by selecting your Power On State to on - but not the most elegant solution.

[video=youtube;giBpx7xZdzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giBpx7xZdzQ[/video]

Aardvark

Keep in mind you'll require a neutral the wall for it to work. Most houses don't have - I was lucky enough to have though. I installed a Sonoff Basic behind my light switch and left the switch on. You can operate the switch manually by selecting your Power On State to on - but not the most elegant solution.

[video=youtube;giBpx7xZdzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giBpx7xZdzQ[/video]
Playing up again for me. Google Home controls it but not the app.

Aardvark

Still having sonoff problems.
If I toggle them from the switch I get the notification of a state change. The google home is able to controll them. The app also displays the changed state but I am unable to change them from the app.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Still having sonoff problems.
If I toggle them from the switch I get the notification of a state change. The google home is able to controll them. The app also displays the changed state but I am unable to change them from the app.
Same. I've pretty much decided I'm going to reflash and go openHAB

Dolby

Honorary Master
I can't imagine anything more annoying than a light switch that occasionally doesn't work. Give me an old fashioned bit of copper any day! Wifi light switches... why!!!
In fairness - it's electronic and that's the nature of anything electronic or mechanical - they break eventually. Radios, TVs, car, phones etc. This was the first I've had of 400+ units.

I also think the benefit of them being 'smart' outweighs the small chance is breaks