Wifi Repeater - TP LINK Router

^^rac

Hi guys

I need a repeater for a TP link router. I want to extend to a building outside my house 15m. There is signal, but 1 bar, on WIFI, i have connectivity, but want to try and see if i can enhance the signal to that building.

I only want 2.4ghz signal this is fine. I am using a TP Link C20 (Which is not the best routers) on a 100MB Fibre line.

Would any 300MB extender do the trick? Im looking at a cheap solution, saw this at Takealot

Does anyone have some experience / comments on this?

(I have a very old black repeater, with no atennas, that i had in a box somewhere, but its ancient, it does not work well.....) So im hoping buying something new will help :):)

giloo777

That one works better than most other extenders. Where are you based? I have one you can test ( if you're in Jhb)

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
@^^rac
Don't buy an extender.

For less than R500 rather run a cable and put a wireless AP on the end. A cheap router can work as an AP. TPLink routers are easy to setup as AP through their setup wizard. You just use the same SSID and Password as your main router. Done in less than 1 minute.

30m cable R150

300Mbps Wireless N Router R280

FlashSA

Executive Member
As mentioned above run a cable.

I've been using 2 of these for a few years, works like a charm:https://www.takealot.com/tp-link-ou...high-power-wireless-access-point/PLID41501058
Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread....

I'm getting ready for fibre to be installed. The fibre will be installed in the garage where the CCTV DVR is located (blue circle). I then need to share this fibre connection across the house. Looking at mounting one of these TP-LINK outdoor units that you linked, @Tman*, outside the garage wall (exterior of blue circle) and then aiming it at the middle of the house section.

Any idea whether the whole house will get decent wifi coverage from this unit? Maximum distance from the blue circle to the furthest corner of the house is about 12m and through 2 walls.

plan.PNG

Last edited:

Tman*

Expert Member
Apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread....

I'm getting ready for fibre to be installed. The fibre will be installed in the garage where the CCTV DVR is located (blue circle). I then need to share this fibre connection across the house. Looking at mounting one of these TP-LINK outdoor units that you linked, @Tman*, outside the garage wall (exterior of blue circle) and then aiming it at the middle of the house section.

Any idea whether the whole house will get decent wifi coverage from this unit? Maximum distance from the blue circle to the furthest corner of the house is about 12m and through 2 walls.

View attachment 844931
12m should be fine. With my 2 units I have coverage in every corner of my yard and its further than 12m

jeffpech

Hi

I suggest you can take help the technical support team. I had also facing this issue but I google it and contact the technical support team of tp link repeater. Teams available 24/7. Also you can access the tp link repeater through the tplinkrepeater.net.