WikiLeaks: Swedish police interrogate WikiLeaks founder

grok

Honorary Master
An obvious attempt by the Pentagon to discredit him by drumming up false charges. This is common practice in the spy-vs-spy business, maybe wikileaks should leak a document about how they employ such tactics. Oh wait, they probably have already.

tortured

An obvious attempt by the Pentagon to discredit him by drumming up false charges. This is common practice in the spy-vs-spy business, maybe wikileaks should leak a document about how they employ such tactics. Oh wait, they probably have already.

QFT

What bothers me is I'm sure the pentagon and whoever else is involved must know that the public (those following the story at least) knows its just some smear campaign. Its like they don't even bother trying to hide it.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I'm trying to figure out what kind of connection you see between Stieg Larsson and Julian Assange today....

kevinswan007

Expert Member
these accusations of molestation and rape cases which turn out to be nothing, really doesnt help the future cases. now next time someone is accused, they will say, oh, another smear campaign or something political.
i believe that if a man is accused and convicted, he should rot in jail. but if its found that the women was lying just to get something out of it, she should do the same time in jail the man would have.

lachesis

these accusations of molestation and rape cases which turn out to be nothing, really doesnt help the future cases. now next time someone is accused, they will say, oh, another smear campaign or something political.
i believe that if a man is accused and convicted, he should rot in jail. but if its found that the women was lying just to get something out of it, she should do the same time in jail the man would have.

maybe not the same time, but some time.

but then that brings fear into those that have legitimate cases, and are scared that if they lose they will have to do jail time, and just drop the whole case. tough one

-toady-

Expert Member
I'm trying to figure out what kind of connection you see between Stieg Larsson and Julian Assange today....

They both talk/talked too much, and were/are happy to reveal things not everyone was happy about? Wild guess as usual, but I've had my snake-bite serum, so bite me.... ;}