Windows 7 Issues

DJNgoma

Expert Member
Nope? Interesting. Maybe tell us which media player you use. WMP and VLC player and streaming HD video to PS3 is fine here.

PS: Seems it memory. I run the Beta still no problems and use 4 GB memory.
I want to upgrade to Win7 RC! but it needs a complete reinstall and I am not prepared to loose any data now. So it will have to wait a while.
You could always upgrade then with the cversion.ini edit.

marine1

Honorary Master
The latest version is build 7231 X64 anyone know where to get it?

d0b33

Honorary Master
Wait for RTM if it still happens then see if microsoft will fix it by SP1.

howardb

Expert Member
More RAM definitely helps with Windows 7 64-bit (7100) - I started with a 2GB stick DDR800, ran very slow. Upgraded to 4x 2GB matched DDR800 and works wonders. Very quick and responsive with all the bells and whistles selected.

DJNgoma

Expert Member
Build 7231 is currently a vhd(virtual hard drive), but build 7229 can be grabbed as an ISO from torrents.

howardb

Expert Member
Two quick questions - currently using W7 64-bit 7100.

1. When I click on any program to open (from desktop or start bar), I always get the confirmation box asking if I want to run it - is this normal, or is there a setting I can adjust to prevent this happening all the time?

2. I also get the occasional dialog box advising that I cannot run the program as I don't have admin rights? I then have to right-click and run as administrator.
I only have one profile and it's an administrator - is this also a setting?

Will try and post screen-caps later.

bdt

Executive Member
... but build 7229 can be grabbed as an ISO from torrents.
Only torrents chew up hella time and bandwidth, neither of which I have a whole lot of to spare - specially the latter! So, I'd much rather drive round to someone who has 7229 x64 (and, if possible x32) and get it that way. I'm more than happy to pay in beers or blank dvds, as required! :)

orin76

Expert Member
Is there a way to make certain applications or executables exempt from UAC in Win7? I agree with the reasoning behind UAC so I don't want to turn it off, but I have a couple of applications that constantly bring up the UAC pop-up when launched. It would be nice if there was an "Ignore this program in future" checkbox I could click on.

flyweb

maybe my HDD disks are falling asleep, i'll do some more testing.
Keeper I had a similar issue as I have several drives. If you haven't use one drive in a while win7 powers it down. Then when you try browse you get a 5 second pause while poweing up and a delay when viewing a list of movies etc. Could be the issue.

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Hard Disk